Portugal

NCsailor

Visit site
As i post in the Forum, i am preparing Atlantic Route and in know how important is to have/share information with people on Route Locals. So, as i hope to receive information about other people with experience in Atlantic Route i am open to help who need information about Portugal. I am Portuguese and my sailboat (VS34) is in Povoa de Varzim Marina (near Oporto - North of Country) and i have contacts / information from all country.

If you need information from Portugal, don´t hesitate to ask!

Good Winds
Nuno

AndrewB

Visit site
Welcome!

Many yachts from NW Europe doing the Atlantic route will visit either Povoa de Varzim, Leixoes or Oporto, so your offer is appreciated.

If you want advice yourself on sailing the Atlantic, there are a number of contributors on this forum who have already been. It is best to ask specific questions rather than for advice generally.

Trevor_Smith

Visit site
Hi, I am bringing my yacht to Portugal later in the year and am busy fitting out. I have a question with regard to a Bimini, I know it would be useful to have one but I am deciding whether to buy in the UK or in Portugal. Have you any idea how much a Bimini (Complete) would cost for a 37ft yacht in Portugal?
Trevor Smith

ccscott49

Visit site
Canvas work for boats in Portugal is expensive, as there aren't many people doing it, IMHO get it made before you leave.

alan54

Visit site
To: Nc Sailor,
Sir, I am presently in Gib and would like to get to Varzim marina for the winter.I beleive the marina there can accomodate my 48` foot yacht out of the water for the winter. I also beleive the marina is much cheaper then the Algarve and anyway I am on my way to UK. What do you think? and what lind of weather can I expect in early August /
regards,
alan Jackson

NCsailor

Visit site
Hi Alan

Povoa de Varzim is a nice place for the winter. The marina has nice
conditions in water and out of water.
In August, when you sail from Sud, in 80% you have Wind from N/NW, but in
morning no wind and strong fog sometimes.

You can check more information about Marina in:
http://www.clubenavalpovoense.com/pvm/index_m.html

If you need more information, don´t hesitat on contact me
Good Winds
Nuno