Portsmouth accomodation

Whiskey Bravo

Visit site
Has anybody got any recommendations for a decent B & B in or around Portsmouth?
We have to be at the Naval Museum next Tuesday 9am to drop off some items for the museum, but don't want to fight traffic at the morning rush hour, so fairly close would be great. We'll be travelling from Hamble after a long week-ends charter.

Thanks in anticipation.

Seajet

Visit site
Traffic can be pretty bad, so close by sounds a good move.

I don't know what the local places are like, but the last time this came up the Holiday Inn was mentioned as reliable, if a bit 'could be anywhere'.

The accomodation thread may have been on the Restaurants & Pubs forum, or otherwise worth a search here; good luck !

johnalison

Visit site
We had a dinner on the Warrior a couple of years ago and being in an economical frame of mind stayed at the Royal Maritime Club, which is a couple of hundred yards from the Naval Museum. It was perfectly OK, though certainly not posh and the room was small, being a sanctuary for naval person from the other ranks. It was all we needed and had the advantage that we could walk back after the dinner, not necessarily in a straight line.

Lucky Duck

Visit site
I don't know what the local places are like, but the last time this came up the Holiday Inn was mentioned as reliable, if a bit 'could be anywhere'.

A while back in preparation for a trial sail I spent the night at the Travel lodge near the old IBM roundabout (now a multitude of traffic lights), all was well till closing time at the local nightclubs when it doubled up as a 'knocking shop' :mad: Aviod!

They refunded the costs of staying there but it really wasn't the point.

Greg2

Visit site
Also can recommend the Holiday Inn at Gunwarf. The Novotel is quite close as well.

I would second the Holiday Inn at Gunwharf. Plenty of parking, well located and accommodation okay and not too expensive. Stayed a couple of times when eldest was considering Portsmouth Uni and enjoyed it (bit of a trip down memory lane though - last time I stayed on the Gunwharf site it was HMS Vernon).