Portishead this weekend.

Allan

Visit site
SWMBO and I are planning on going to Portishead this weekend. I understand there is something going on around the marina but can't find any details, does anyone know anything? I will be taking the boat over on Friday afternoon and arriving as early as I can.
Allan

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
This weekend is the Portishead Cruising Club Docks Rally. There will be events organised, a beer tent, bands etc. The last one was great fun and very busy, so be prepared to have to raft up if you visit.

I'm on duty Friday to Sunday so it will probably be me that you will deal with. Be patient cos I may well be feeling very harassed!

Call the office for more details - 01275 841941

Allan

Visit site
Thanks for that Damo, I'm planning to push a bit of tide on the way and try to be there as the marina opens at 18-30ish. My boat is an Etap 22i called 'Spirit of Freedom'
My girlfriend will be arriving by car, do you know of any secure places for her to park?
Allan

Sneds

Visit site
Great weekend last year, well worth a visit!
We had to que(my spelling! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) to enter the lock but the marina staff were very efficient and no one tried to push in!
We shall go by car as no boat 'til next Thursday /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wai_Tapu

Visit site
As a PCC member, I can assure everyone that last year's effort will pale into insignificance compared to this year's offering!!!!! Guaranteed sunshine, fun, food, music, raffles, a boat jumble and of course, a fully stocked and reasonably priced bar. Hopefully, the tides are such that there will be free flow through the lock at HW, but perhaps Damo could confirm. (A bit late on Friday, but Sat and Sun tides might reduce delays locking in and out, if that is the case.)

For those who are interested, this year we are organising a top of the tide race round the cans for a couple of hours on Sat morning. Nothing too serious, but we'll need your PY handicap if you want to figure in the results. Race control will be on Ch37.

Please come, one and all, and enjoy the fun. Looking forward to meeting fellow forumites, and maybe sharing a /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif or two. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Just spoke to Damo's mate, count 'Bonny Mary' in, coming from Cardiff (providing SWMBO allows!)
Also boat has been having work done while i was in Belgium so better get her fit for sail tomorrow mornig.

Csail

N/A
Visit site
UPDATE- Cardiff to Portishead.
SWMBO has allowed it, so if anyone is unsure and would like to follow us we will be 0800ish lock out. on ch16 from about 0700.......just call 'Bonny Mary' CBYC

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
Re: Portishead this weekend - freeflow

We are on freeflow at the moment, but the marina is at max level just about so both gates are unlikely to be open for very long - prob just before top of the tide ie about Fri 2200, Sat 1025, 2245, and Sun 1100, 2330.

A word of warning about freeflow - it isn't necessarily as easy as you may think, so please follow any instructions from the berthing master. The flow can be very strong so although the gates may be open we wouldn't be allowing boats through until it has slackened off a bit.
At the turn of the tide, or when the desired level has been reached, the outer gates will be closed first. In some situations the automatic system will cut in and start to close the gates - so keep your eyes on the traffic lights!! If they are RED then DO NOT PROCEED, if they are FLASHING RED then DEFINITELY do not proceed, and put the brakes on ASAP!

I wouldn't anticipate freeflow to be longer than about 15-20 mins this weekend.

LizzyD

Visit site

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifGutted! I'm on duty weekend so I can't go. I had a brilliant time last year and I'm really piddled off that I can't go this year. Have a nice time all of you that do make it.

Take care,

Lizzy D

Sneds

Visit site

Sorry to hear that, you allways seem to have to work when the fun's going on