Portals Vells Posidonia Restrictions: Any update?

Scubaboy79

Visit site
Hello all,

I'm off to the boat next week. Does anyone know whether yachts are still anchoring in Portals Vells (my fave anchorage) or whether any buoys have been laid? I was assuming it was totally off limits, but noted PMYS posting a picture of one of their boats floating away merrily in Vells last week on Facebook. Are people perhaps just ensuring they anchor on the sand, not the weed? Any insight or experience of what's happening appreciated.

Thank you!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Blimey, Portals Vells has got to be the busiest anchorage in Majorca. Best of luck banning anchoring in there

pan

Visit site
I was there last week, about 20 boats anchored, including me, no mooring buoys or anyone checking. Most were anchored in sand, but many had chains partially in weed, which is almost impossible to avoid if the wind swings!

No one in the marine trade out there seem to know what is going on and can’t offer much advice, so it seems it’s likely either they will wait until the season starts or they will do what happened last year & move boats anchored in weed.

julians

Visit site
I heard a rumour they were going to lay 20-30buoys, and enforce a no anchoring rule.

I don't go to mallorca until easter, but I'll poke my nose in and have a look if nobody else has reported back before then

pan

Visit site
I heard a rumour they were going to lay 20-30buoys, and enforce a no anchoring rule.

I don't go to mallorca until easter, but I'll poke my nose in and have a look if nobody else has reported back before then

It’s all rumours at the moment, I have searched online all their Mallorca Govern sites & whilst they show the areas with restrictions it doesn’t actually say no anchoring, however I would assume anchoring in weed is forbidden.

Scubaboy79

Visit site
Great thanks all. Good to know there are no obvious signs of an outright prohibition. In which case, I shall poke my nose in, look left and right and then drop my anchor. Over a patch of sand, natch.