Poor mast care in Clyde Marinas a

Jcorstorphine

Visit site
Every time I walk round several of the Clyde Marinas, I am horrified at the total lack of care in terms of customers masts. In particular, the treatment meated out to what are very expensive jib furling gear. Today was the last straw, I witnessed a 40 foot long mast with its associated furling gear badly supported as usual, but this time with the joint just above the furling drum being laid across one of the few supports with the result that the joint was beginning to open up due to the weight of the drum. Come on Marinas, this cavalier attitude to the property of the people who keep you in a living is just not good enough, start to take ownership of your responsibilities.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Aja

Visit site
I wonder when the owner last inspected their property though.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Poor innocent wee laddie.

Surely you don't think this is just carelessness.

"Och, I'm sure you won't mind me mentioning this, sir, but we've had a good look at your headfoil and it's looking a wee bit tired. Our rigging shop have run up a quote for you, and included a replacement drum because yours seems to have some sticky bearings."

Not unnaturally since it's been sitting in a puddle of muddy water since it was taken off in October.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.writeforweb.com/twister1>Let's Twist Again</A>

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
That's a bit testy, Jacket - worthy of myself in my more irritable moments.

I thought this was a good post - it will remind anyone who trusts marinas to supervise the storage of their mast to go down and check it themselves.

Some of them might not have thought it was worth worrying about, assuming that the experts could be left to get on with it.

Mind you , some people still believe in mermaids.

- Nick

<hr width=100% size=1><font size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bluemoment.com>http://www.bluemoment.com</A></font size=1>

Jacket

I\'m in Cambridge, boat\'s at Titchmarsh marina, W
Visit site
Yes, it was a reasonable post, but was it really so good that it had to be posted four times? If we all posted on every forum every time we though we had something vaguely interesting to say, the place would soon be swamped in posts.

Its almost as bad as that guy who wanted us to identify his boat, who even posted it on the 'for sale' board.

Of course experts can be left to get on with it. Unfortunately, all the experts seem to have been made reduntant, while the people who used to work behind the counter at MacDonalds have been given their jobs.

Yes, its been a long day, the temperature in my office (If a condemed portacabin really deserves the title of 'office') is above 30 degrees C (what sort of idiot paints an un-insulated roof black?), I've had enough and want to go home.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Jcorstorphine

Visit site
1, I posted it on several forums as I wished to bring to all boat owners attention, the lack of care and many of us do not always look on all the forums.

2.Many of the owners in the Clyde marina are from down south and not always present when their yacht is lifted out so they may not be aware of the situation.

3. Think your reaction is OTT, bearing in mind the point I was making,

4 I will not bother next time if that is the sort of knee jerk rection one gets when trying to alert others to the poor level of care.

<hr width=100% size=1>