Pond Life at the Folly

marchhare

Visit site
I ended up at the Folly for the first time on Saturday, perhaps naive of me to think that even after a good night out in the pub folks would disperse and have some consideration for others. Not so, there were a couple of boats into the early hours on crowded pontoons, (rafted 6 deep), totally inconsiderate of others with loud offensive language, decks lights on, seemingly oblivious of common courtesies. Must be quick to add that they were not ***sail but another organisation who coincidently mailed me today offering their wares. I think not, they cannot be held responsible for their clients but could I am sure spell out to the louts what should be seemingly obvious to anyone with even low levels of consideration to others.
I dont wish to sound like a boring old fart, I was in the pub as too, but it happened folks, honest it did. Perhaps the harbour authorities who take our money could show more interest to discourage this type of behaviour.

Visit site
Bottle of Brandy in the cockpit. Singing till the.

..small hours. Jolly fine sailing fun.

That is the product that is being sold!

Steve Cronin

Unfortunately they try to do it in a maritime dormatory rather than at anchor in some isolated bay! Lymington can be just the same , however Bryn & crew in Yarmouth ask people to "keep it down"

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Revenge is sweet

Just make an 0415 departure, with plently of engine revs, jumping on foredecks,, shouting about letting go the foresail top bonnet smudgeon griping line, etc. You only need to go down to Cowes Roads and pick up a mooring where you can catch up on sleep.

G

Re: Revenge is sweet

I agree totally.

I also use a similar method when faced with the " dont come alongside, we are leaving at 0430" -- I say ok and as a persistant insomniac I wake them up at 0430 "because you've obviously overslept"....

I've not had a genuine one yet !!