Polishes

Ian_Rob

Visit site
I haven’t looked at polishes for quite a few years but is there any boat wash/cleaner/polish/UV protection (all in ones?) for a white hull GRP boat that stand out above the others?

WF36

Visit site
3M Perfect-It Gelcoat Light Cutting Polish + Wax [Product Code: MI3M-36110E] Seems to have good reviews.

Praxinoscope

Visit site
My boat isn’t white, (light blue) but it is now over 40 years old and I still get compliments on how good she looks, which polish?
I usually use one of the Simoniz or Turtle liquid car polishes. Have tried the more expensive marine polishes but to be honest could see no difference.

seumask

Visit site
1 remove the oxidised surface aquabuff 2000 with a 3m lambswool mop head on a 1200W sander polisher.
https://www.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/p/d/b40067366/
https://www.silverlinetools.com/en-GB/Product/ProductDetail?ModelName=264569

2 Followed by an application of collinite 870 wax.

I have had this kit for nearly 10 years and it really works, my mate uses it on his dark Blue gel coat boat and nothing else he has used comes close. Takes me 4-5 hours to do our 37ft AWB.

I found the investment in decent stuff worth it.

MikeBz

Visit site
I've used Collinite 920 Fiberglass Boat Cleaner followed by Collinite 885 Heavy Duty Paste Fleetwax for as many years as I can remember. It comes up really well, although I'm not convinced the wax lasts more than a couple of months.

Thresher

Visit site
Meguiare's polish and wax paste in a tin. A bit expensive but I didn't realise how good it was until the next year I used a cheaper well known brand.