Please don't lift your dogs on the life-jacket straps

ShipsWoofy

Visit site
Please don\'t lift your dogs on the life-jacket straps

Except in emergency. The straps are entirely wrong for lifting an animal, weight is put onto the throat and diaphragm/stomach.

If you require a harness to lift an animal through the air, even a short distance may I please plead that you use a proper harness that spreads the weight along the animals chest. This type is often used/sold as a car harness and is extremely strong, far stronger than the handle on top of the jackets.

Click image for link, this type of harness has a 2" padded strap under the chest and will not cause the same distress to the animal. This is not an advert, this is just a message from a dog person who is astonished by how many people are moving dogs about with such a poorly designed life jacket type.

Imagine you or your family being strapped around your throat and belly and then lifted up from behind... No, this is why yacht harnesses strap around your chest area.

Sorry for this intrusion.

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: Please don\'t lift your dogs on the life-jacket straps

Perfectly good tail which on many dogs will stick up out of the water to aid in the process /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Visit site

Er, this sort of thing, Brendan?

Newfie.jpg

Newfie

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

misterg

Visit site

So this is no good for dogs, then?

576248356_22320ee413_o_d.jpg

Shame /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

(Not wishing to detract from your sensible message /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Andy

Pinnacle

Visit site

You have just made me cry............

laughing!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ShipsWoofy

Visit site

No idea, I have a rule, I will not have a dog that eats more than me!

Nice dogs though.

tangomoon

Visit site

I haven't laughed so much in months. Do they still print the book 101 uses for a dead cat? With the amount of dog crap everywhere I reckon they would all make good fenders or drogues /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thistle

Visit site

Suggest you train them to use the waistband of your trousers or lifejacket as appropriate. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

copterdoctor

Visit site

Got a Newfie, very old now, she never would go near a boat or a jetty. She would be none too easy to lift from a dinghy, in fact she knows perfectly well all she has to do is lay on her back feet in the air and she gets her own way.

As newfies are so idol that actually need less room (or food) than you might imagine but on a very cold night we would often wake a find her laid across our, numb, legs.

Kilter

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Er, do they do a version that would fit, say, Fireball or Sniffy100.....?

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I SO hope so! Here Charlie...come and get it! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Beadle

Rural Nth Yorks - 2 miles from bus stop, 8 miles f
Visit site

Lovely

Our Lab has similar talents, she could sleep for England, but she likes going on the boat.

Used to have a Rotter who hated water, she wouldn't even walk through a puddle if she could avoid it. We did take her on the boat a couple of times but she was so miserable we didn't have the heart do it any more.