Places to Sail

1937rogerdon

Visit site
Just had a book as a later birthday present "Fifty Places to Sail before you Die" (not sure if there is a hidden message)
However, Where is the one place you would like to sail?.
A difficult choice, from the book the Stockholm Archipelago sounds good enough for me. Although for some reason the book fails to mention the Bristol Channel.

graham

Visit site
The Islands off the West Coast of Canada North from Vancouver look spectacular in photographs. Apparently a lot of heavy logs escape from the forestry though so a good lookout and strong bow are required.

Was that area in the book?

With the crappy weather we are getting I would settle for a weekend down to Coombe and back. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gwylan

Visit site
Bristol Channel is sailing's best kept secret. All that mud, raging tides, lumpy water, no marinas - what else do you need?
We should keep it secret for as long as possible. Miss it greatly and hope to get back there before too much longer.
Failing which the West coast of Scotland, as long as you like anchoring and being the only boat around.

1937rogerdon

Visit site
Agree about Woody Bay. But just back from my favorite local sail. Porlock Bay, storming sail over but only a sight swell in the bay.
Anchored off and made some bacon butties, then a nice reach back with the tide.