places to eat around chertsey / penton hook

TrueBlue

Visit site
Aha!

Now all is crystal clear, though there would have been no way of working it out from the previous post!

I must admit the last time I looked at it was out of season before we moved our moorings upstream.

Sam's thingy and whatsit suits its location better than La Cosa Nostra or whatever.

If we ever come down to the land of low flying jets again we'll revisit, that's if we can get on to the layby.

Thanks (and to Ramage),
Mike

CaptainThames

Visit site
Leaving the boat at a public mooring - I can understand your concerns but it has to be done. Some of the nicest places along the Thames are just tucked away in some gorgeous little villlages. There are also some great walks - ideally with a pub at the end. There are some places where you need to use common sense, if there are a load of yobs hanging around then perhaps reconsider and find somewhere quieter. Look for where there are couple of boats moored already. Get some good mooring spikes and a hefty hammer as a lot of places don't have mooring rings. Some riverside places are a complete rip off, taking a short stroll will open up a whole new world and you will enjoy the boat even more.

Good luck and enjoy your boat.