Pivot/Hinge pin problem DP290

Visit site
back again,
The pivot pins have no slot or thread inside to assist with the removal, they also seem to be pretty solid, do i have to order the Volvo special tool? or will they drive in/out with a drift?
With the steering turned it looks like there would be enough room to drive them in? does anyone know for sure or have any suggestions?
thanks Bill

Davy_S

Visit site
OK, bear with me please! the pins will go either way! In the pins there is a screwed thread. Not to good at explaining so bear with me. Fing a bolt that will fit into the pins, then you need a nut and a washer and a socket (from a socket set) that fits OVER the pin to be removed, ok, place the bolt with the nut screwed to its end, then the washer then the socket then screw the bolt into the pin, then tighten up the nut, use a bit of wd40 or heat and continue to tighten the nut, this will force the pin outwards, if need be, leave it overnight in tension, in the morning tighten a bit more. It WILL come out, but do not force it too much, you do not want the ally arms to crack (very expensive). eventualy the pin will be drawn into the oversise socket you used seemples!

Visit site
You can't drift them outwards - so what do you think?

ha ha, needless sarcasm, and from a local boy too!

"what do i think"

I think that if I were aware of the fact that the pins could not be drifted outwards I would not of asked the question.

Thank you for your helpful and informative reply.