Pirate roll call

Jomo

Visit site
Jomo late on parade once again.

Hoping to be there, not sure about the scurvy dogs, the admiral is looking forward to it, the cabin girl is indecisive as usual.

Are we to bring firewood, charcoal, our own BBqs as well as consumables? Or some combination of the above?

watched the gadget show last night for reports on cannons!

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Definitely a BBQ and your own grub and drinks (although there is usually space on a BBQ or two if needed).... firewood is optional, but the more that bring a handful, the better the fire!.... we can usually find a bit of driftwood, but sometimes its a bit sparce, so we try to bring a small amount each to ensure that a fire can be built.....

FullCircle

Visit site
I have today engaged the services of Engines Dunn(Foreshore Beachcombers) Ltd to seek and hoard some large logs. We hope to secure 3 or 4 in the 6-8 feet long range with a girth of no less than 8 imperial inches diameter.
That should do it.

Laurin

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have today engaged the services of Engines Dunn(Foreshore Beachcombers) Ltd to seek and hoard some large logs. We hope to secure 3 or 4 in the 6-8 feet long range with a girth of no less than 8 imperial inches diameter.
That should do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Foreshore Beachcomers have prioritised Vreny's engine over firewood, then we may have a chance of joining the Pirate weekend as planned.
Vreny + Bump
Mr Vreny
Brother Vreny
Nephew Vreny
+ Tent!

Pat has some wild idea that if Vreny not available we will trailer Duvel up to Titchmarsh and then sail from there with tent. I have to say am somewhat dubious about this plan.... might have to request a more comfortable ride for me and the not so visible bump and leave the dinghy sailing to the boys!

FullCircle

Visit site
All I can say is Fanny's Prospect has been bought and sold, and thus one stressed out hippy is spannering your engine with as much gusto as he muster. Which, as you know, is not much. I have high hopes for a result, esp as your dramatic encounter had a real effect.
Suggest we talk about us coming to get you & bump.....

Laurin

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
All I can say is Fanny's Prospect has been bought and sold, and thus one stressed out hippy is spannering your engine with as much gusto as he muster. Which, as you know, is not much. I have high hopes for a result, esp as your dramatic encounter had a real effect.
Suggest we talk about us coming to get you & bump.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jim, a lift sounds great if Duvel is the boat of choice for the weekend. Pat spoke with him tonight and she won't be ready this weekend as hoped. Pat gave him a deadline of Wed evening but I'll believe it when I see it. This sailing season is looking shorter and shorter!

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Despite a lot of dissent in the Flipper household - including I'm not dressing up (9yo son), I won't know anybody(9yo son and Mrs Flipper), its boooorrrring & stupid (15yo son) I have been renamed unprintable names and Flipper is planning to attend!!

At the moment we are 2 adults, 2 non participating offspring & dog.

We may need to retire to Titchmarsh on Sat evening for the sake of my marriage!

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]
including I'm not dressing up (9yo son), I won't know anybody(9yo son and Mrs Flipper), its boooorrrring & stupid (15yo son) I have been renamed unprintable names

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be here.

Out of all the forumites the family/crew have met, we're left with one 'yeah - he's cool' and one 'very nice man'. There's also one with 'a nice boat, but I wouldn't want to varnish it' and another one with 'wicked hair'. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Everyone else ended up as being classed 'too old' and/or 'too boring' /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I leave you to ponder 'who's who' /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I leave you to ponder 'who's who'

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm the cool one /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazingly - no. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Though you are the 'very nice man' /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW, by cool they mean tolerable /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Jomo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I haven't met your kids so I'm obviously not the one with the wicked hair

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know.....there was a fair amount of highlighting solution when I met you in Ostend /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jomo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

looking a little more likely that there'll be 3 of us. I'll confirm when I'm sure

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks likely that the cabin girl has rated horses higher than boats again, so down to definately 1, possibly 2, if she can get time off work.

pyrojames

transat2013.blogspot.co.uk
I suspect I might be the one who will have to do his own varnishing. Perhaps if I appear with a mohawk, I can also claim the "wicked hair" prize?
PyroJames_mohawk.jpg