Pirate forecast

bastonjock

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Just as well SWMBO isn't going to be there - anyone saying 'Avast behind' would get a left (captain) hook! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehehe nice one flipper /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jomo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Just as well SWMBO isn't going to be there - anyone saying 'Avast behind' would get a left (captain) hook!

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine will be there.... so boxing headgear would be advisable /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
Now I am trying desperately to find the right high pressure in here /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

there's always somone upsetting the weather gods /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Still that nice Mr Guapa will be back shortly to tell us the Guapacast /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I hope HE gets it right /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MoodySabre

Visit site
The wind on Sunday is calming down /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BUT going SW /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

It's enough to make you join the Caravan Club /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Following my early positive forecast, it looked ropey for a while.... but its not looking too bad again now!

meteo.jpg

Source: GFS 22:00 BST 2-7-08

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
Problem

Taken 3 years to get my daughter to agree to come sailing with us, convinced her the Pirate weekend would be fun but bit worried about putting her off not so much on Sat and looks like it would be a good run up the wallet if a little slow with a foul tide.
But the Sunday hike back down wind over tides has me concerned she will never venture out again if it gets too lumpy

Now cant make up my mind as to what to do?

The more weather sites i look at the harder it is to decide

May do a shorter trip out and back stay at burnham or pagelsham but so wanted to be at stone point

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifHelp /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Artemis

I have decided to wimp out of the Pirate Weekend.

Agree the sail up would be fine (I was going to leave B'sea at 4am to take most of the fair tide) but Sunday seems to have Southerly F5s gusting 6. Wallet + F5 wind over almost spring tide = very wet & uncomfortable, lots of slamming and not fun! On top of that Mr 'Weather Guru' Simon WetherwebTV is indicating that the whole situation is volatile so I am not going to take chances.

I may go to Bradwell, or Pyefleet or just stay alongside! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
Peter

My thoughs in a nutshell, wife and I could stay as long as needed but daughter and boyfriend need to be back for work so looking like a bit of day sailing around the crouch and roach

Neville

Laurin

Visit site
Ok,

Just a suggestion, but we have a 2 year old with pirate costume and no-where to go now this weekend.

Was thinking for those who decide not to go to Stone Point, perhaps we could have a Pirate evening at an alternative, less weather dependent venue.

Have spoken with Pat and if we can't think of anywhere else better, we would be happy to host a BBq/bonfire/Pirate treasure hunt at our house in Basildon for those who don't want to risk putting wife/kids off sailing for the season/life! (Can even do indoor BBQ if the rain is really bad!) If people want to have a drink or 3 or have a long drive back, we will try to accomodate as many people to stay over as want to, as long as they aren't too fussy about where they sleep.

Let me know what you think, if you want to come let me know and I'll PM address and phone numbers if you don't all ready have them.

Karen