Pilot book covering North Cornwall/Bristol Channel?

jlavery

Visit site
We're taking Arpeggio off to the Isles Of Scilly and then aiming to end up in Milford Haven/Neyland.

Having trouble finding a decent pilot/cruising guide for N Cornwall/Bristol Channel.

Recommendations?

KompetentKrew

Visit site
I have an Imray Explore subscription and the corresponding books for its entries are The Cruising Almanac for the whole area, and Hidden Harbours of Southwest Britain for the north cornish coast all the way up past Bristol and Hidden Harbours of Wales for the welsh side of the Bristol channel. The Cruising Almanac covers the larger ports, and I guess the Hidden Harbours books must be slim volumes.

It's curious that they've digitised Pike's Hidden Harbours books and apparently decided against doing so for Cumberlidge’s Bristol Channel and River Severn Guide (2008 seems to be the most recent edition) but I don't suppose asking them about it (although they are very helpful and responsive) would help you much.

Last edited:

jlavery

Visit site

Transvemare

Visit site
Tom Cunliffe's Shell Channel Pilot covers most of what you want, but not as far as Brisstle up that Channel. It's just had an 8th edition revise (2021/2) and is as good as they get - in fact, Tom's pilots are the best. The CA Almanac is excellent so long as you have the latest edition with corrections, and Dag Pike's Hidden harbours of SW Britain is also one to go for. All direct from Imray's - but it'll empty your wallet!