Pictures of Boats For Sale

Lakesailor

Visit site
Do you remember a thread recently in which people marvelled at vendors who can't be bothered to tidy up a boat for sale?

Must have passed This Guy by.

To be fair he does say"She currently looks in a sorry state, and is desperate for someone to languish lots of TLC and paint on her", but he is not kidding.

andymcp

Visit site
The amount of failed DIY is evident from the list of available items - wardrobe that the doors aren't on, incomplete galley, tried to rig a water system but the tank didn't fit and ruptured..... :)

Still, wired for shorepower (shudder to think how...) and has low engine hours (because it wouldn't start?). First cost you would need to add to the purchase price is the hire of a skip to throw all the useless junk into!

ebbtide

N/A
Visit site
Wait a mo!
That's an established design from a good yard that only needs some TLC and cash outlay to bring up to an acceptable standard worth twice the asking price - even if you pay that much.

Were I shopping, which am not, that could be a bargain, for have sailed similar umpteen times cross-Channel.
Go for it!

AngusMcDoon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
only needs some TLC and cash outlay

[/ QUOTE ]

...but it looks like the whole original inside has been ripped out and replaced with kit and materials that should be in a house! Plasterboard, a domestic kitchen sink, tiles, tounge and groove panelling etc.

I think for my £10k I'd rather have this with its brand new professionally fitted engine...

Shiny red wee boaty with even shinier engine

...or this one for £8k and spend the £2k saved on Fray Bentos and mushy peas supplies...

Shiny blue wee boaty and 3 years worth of pies & peas

Lakesailor

Visit site
Oh, I don't know. I quite like the "cosy" fit of the engine on the Rival and the mosaic tiles add a certain something.
It's the cockpit that turns my stomach, and I'm not a complete tidiness freak.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
looks like he tried the liveaboard lifestyle & couldn't cope with it. His description of the fact that she can dry out flat & refloat suggests limited nav skills & his description of her as a "good sea boat" suggests poor weather prediction too.

Pete7

Visit site
Go on admit it, you lot would all love to have a peek on board just to see.

How does he know she will self right after being dried out? how often does that happen, twice a day perhaps /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Preston, now thats about 6 hours, hmm......

Pete

flyingscampi

Visit site
Bodgeit and Scarper have had a field day on that one, that needs stripping back to a bare hull by the looks of it.

I suppose someone with the facilities and time could make a good boat out of her providing the hull is OK and they put pride of ownership over profit...

[2068]

Visit site
"Large selection of flares & rockets etc (out of date)."

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

samwestwood

Visit site
Kingspan is a foam insulation board used to line the cavity of new houses.

Im gonna take a stab and say the owner is a builder most of the materials and fittings are household and not marine.

snooks

www.grahamsnook.com
[ QUOTE ]
Wait a mo!
That's an established design from a good yard that only needs some TLC and cash outlay to bring up to an acceptable standard worth twice the asking price - even if you pay that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could easily spend £20K doing her up and she would still be worth less than that. Not to mention all the time and work that would be involved.

Think about how much work would need to be done, think how much time it would take, think about the money it would cost. IMHO it would be cheaper to buy a more expensive boat, go sailing and enjoy the boat, rather than spend every hour you have trying to get her back to her former glory.

Even well looked after boats have things wrong with them, I would love to see a surveyors report on that one! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lakesailor

Visit site
Absolutely right boats are like cars but more so. There comes a point at which you can never get it back to former glory, short of a total rebuild.
You're far better advised to look for a really good example and if you can't afford that, then you can't afford a do-er-upper either.