Photos of Hasler SP2 Servo blade

c2518

Visit site
Does anyone have some pictures of a Hasler SP2 servo blade they can email me? I have purchased the Hasler self steering gear and the only thing missing is the servo blade, Tony (the seller) kindly provided me with a template with dimensions, etc but I am now trying to get some photos and source the stainless steel fittings. Any advice or assistance gratefully received.

Spuddy

Visit site
Might be able to get some snaps of mine - but not till next week probably. Might be someone quicker on here.

halcyon

Visit site
Does anyone have some pictures of a Hasler SP2 servo blade they can email me? I have purchased the Hasler self steering gear and the only thing missing is the servo blade, Tony (the seller) kindly provided me with a template with dimensions, etc but I am now trying to get some photos and source the stainless steel fittings. Any advice or assistance gratefully received.

Which stainless fittings ? my blade is wood with a small brass strip.

It's in the garage, I hope, so take photos in morning, have some more photos on computer somewhere, will have a look.

Brian

c2518

Visit site
Brian
Much appreciated, the template drawing I have shows a couple of small stainless fittings so I wasn't sure where to source them. I am fairly comfortable in fabricating the vane but want ensure the fittings are all installed correctly. Any pictures gratefully received. I will pm you my email address.

Spuddy

Visit site
Brian might have sorted you out, but just in case here's some snaps:
DSC00929.jpg

and another
DSC00928.jpg

and
DSC00927.jpg

finally
DSC00926.jpg

I've got the blade at home now in case you need owt else - pictures or dimensions.

halcyon

Visit site
Brian might have sorted you out, but just in case here's some snaps:
I've got the blade at home now in case you need owt else - pictures or dimensions.

Yours is slightly different, the slot is more vertical, mine is about 45 degree, I have a brass plate with what is left of a ring in place of the stainless one, a hole through the blade for the lift line, and a tufnol block on the front edge that it locks against.

Brian

c2518

Visit site
Really appreciate help. I will take some pictures of the template tomorrow and try and upload them for comparison

ArchieP

www.brittanysail.com
A Hasler Vane Steering Gear can open up a new dimension to your cruising. Steering your yacht on all. If the vane turns when the latch is engaged, the servo blade also turns. Its value on an ocean crossing or a solo voyage is obvious. However, for most yachtsmen coastal cruising or making offshore passages, the vane gear adds considerably to safety by enabling the watch keeper to keep a better lookout and make frequent visits to the chart table to navigate. You may also stay in the safety of the cockpit by using the simple remote control lines, for clutching in and out and for adjusting course.