Photobucket videos?

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Why does it take so long to upload video's to PBucket?
Tried a video of only about 30-40 seconds running time and after about 15min waiting it was still only 12% uploaded, so why is it so slow?
Is there a faster site or way to upload?

BrendanS

Visit site
Depends on what actual size the video is, it could be 40 seconds of phone camera video, or 40 seconds of high quality video (the higher the quality, the more processing to reduce size the youtube servers will have to do) and what your upload speed is (upload speed is usually under 25% of download speed, and often a great deal less)

You can try google video, though I haven't found them that much faster.

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Thanks Brendan.
It is Photobucket though, not Youtube, which I cant seem to get registered into at all, keep getting notices either this is wrong or that is wrong, so I just gave up.
Uploading a video to photobucket at the moment and its now 30% after 45 min and I will be luckey if it gets any further than 50% and just wont go any further.
Cheers, C_W

BrendanS

Visit site
Sorry, I meant photobucket. Same thing applies. Never had many problems uploading to photobucket or youtube, so maybe you picked a bad time, or your internet connection was a bit flakey? How big is the file you are trying to upload? Is the nose first one you've now posted?