Phone calls into Turkey being blocked?

Norman_E

Visit site
I have been trying to phone a surveyor who looks after my yacht in Marmaris. Every time I have tried to ring him since the coup attempt I get a ringing tone, then a long pause, then the ringing tone resumes, but ends with a change to the engaged tone. Are international phone calls into Turkey now being monitored or blocked?

akyaka

Visit site
No international calls in or out are not being blocked neither are internal calls nor social media. I have made international calls out and received calls into me in Turkey on a daily basis. Have you tried ringing your marina and asking them if they have different numbers for him. Life here carries on as normal.

FullCircle

Visit site
No international calls in or out are not being blocked neither are internal calls nor social media. I have made international calls out and received calls into me in Turkey on a daily basis. Have you tried ringing your marina and asking them if they have different numbers for him. Life here carries on as normal.
Confirmed. I speak to my Turkish team every day both on landphones and mobiles and dialled Skype

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I did eventually get someone else, who has contacted him.

Norman, it seems that the best way to contact people in Turkey is to use Whatsapp -if its a mobile of course. You will soon see if he is a user when you enter his details into your phone contacts. Benefit is that you can also make all your expensive calls to Turkey via the app too.