Phantom 37, TAMD 63P, Peters

Moose

Visit site
A four in one barrage of questions here: (I'll keep my end short, I want to go and watch some lunatics throw themselves of a very steep hill at 70mph at -20, on the TV)
1.) What sort of problems do Phantom 37's have?
2.) Are Fairline definitely a better sea boat than Sealine?
3.) What sort of GPH could I expect out of a TAMD 63P(370hp) on the P.37, and are there any major problems with them?
4.) What would you expect Peters to give as a discount (about 10%)?
Thanks in advance

G

Is the boat a used one as a guy of my pontoon has just traded in his P37 for a Squdron 50, it was called Lyonese, if it is this one I may be able to put you intouch with the previous owner. About the boat generally good but based on old corsica 35 hull, not much room in side cabin, also friend had one new way back and it literally fell to pieces in a rough sea, like windows falling out etc bit nerving for him in a F6/7, 63p generally ok I think but on the brink of getting too stressed for the 5.5 litre displacement, want a very nice Princess 388 at all?.

Paul js.

jfm

Visit site
1. dunno of any
2. Yes, generally better seaboat and better screwed together, esp if you are comparing a few years old boats of both makes
3. No probs with 63p. They good and reliable. We have a pair in a 1999 Phantom 42 and get 0.9 to 1.0 nm per gallon cruising at 2200rpm. That's measured properly from many fillups and the log, it's not guesswork. In a P37 I guess you will get slightly better. there's a fuel curve on www.penta.volvo.se click marine leisure diesels and then the 63p sheet in pdf
4. No idea but at least 10% discount seems available on all big ticket purchases these days so try it.

rog

Visit site
I purchased a boat from Peters last year - respectfully suggest you ensure you buy at the right price rather than worrying about Peter's discount - there are lots of 37s around for sale so you can get a good comparison of prices

Presume that as you ask about discount "Peters" are offering, then you are buying one of their stock boats and therefore I guess you will get a guarantee from them, as we did. We found their after sales service excellent and would highly recommend them.

Cannot comment about P37 problems but I was told that generally the TAMD63's are relaible> GPH - I get slightly better than JFM with very slightly smaller boat

E-mail me if anything else I can help with.