Petrol resistant Glue/Adhesive

Pkewish

Visit site
The off-take from my outboard petrol tank (not integrated in engine) has dropped into the tank. The fuel gauge float and arm have also fallen in. I have emptied the tank and retrieved all the bits. It would appear that the off-take tube (plastic with a filter at the bottom, was glued onto the metal elbow at the top and the float/arm/gauge part was also glued at the top. I can easily re assemble the whole lot but what should I use to glue it all together again bearing in mind that the whole lot spends most of its time immersed in petrol?

If this makes no sense at all, I will post some pics.

Ta.

Pete

VicS

Visit site
The off-take from my outboard petrol tank (not integrated in engine) has dropped into the tank. The fuel gauge float and arm have also fallen in. I have emptied the tank and retrieved all the bits. It would appear that the off-take tube (plastic with a filter at the bottom, was glued onto the metal elbow at the top and the float/arm/gauge part was also glued at the top. I can easily re assemble the whole lot but what should I use to glue it all together again bearing in mind that the whole lot spends most of its time immersed in petrol?

If this makes no sense at all, I will post some pics.

Ta.

Pete

I'd secure the plastic tube to the elbow mechanically if possible. Eg with a mini hose clip

Otherwise repair the plastic bits with an epoxy adhesive. Araldite or a metal filled epoxy such as JB Weld http://www.frost.co.uk/j-b-weld-adhesive-8265.html or the putty David 2456 suggests