Permanent chargers

lustyd

Visit site
Hi all, I'm thinking of fitting a ctek XS7000 charger as a permanent charger on the boat. This charger does fancy voltage stuff to condition the battery so I was wondering whether this is safe to leave connected or would I be better having it switched and ensuring the battery circuit is not used while charging takes place?
Thanks
Dave

lustyd

Visit site
I've just seen the M100, any thoughts on whether this is better than the CX7000 other than IP65 rating?

BabaYaga

Visit site
It should be perfectly safe to leave the battery connected and during normal charging and also to use various equipment.
Both chargers have a special recond mode setting, during which the voltage rises to 15,7 volt. When this is used the battery could still be left connected, but equipment are best left switched off, or used with caution (some electronics may be damaged and lamps may get a shorter life).
I am not sure about the difference between the two models, but after a quick glance through the manuals my guess would be not much apart from IP rating.

lustyd

Visit site
It should be perfectly safe to leave the battery connected and during normal charging and also to use various equipment.
Both chargers have a special recond mode setting, during which the voltage rises to 15,7 volt. When this is used the battery could still be left connected, but equipment are best left switched off, or used with caution (some electronics may be damaged and lamps may get a shorter life).
I am not sure about the difference between the two models, but after a quick glance through the manuals my guess would be not much apart from IP rating.

Thanks for the reply. On further reading it looks like they are both IP65 rated so the difference seems to be a label :)
Cheers
Dave

HadarC

Visit site
is it safe to leave it on even if the battery is fully charged?
i don't mean for a half hour, more like days and even a week.