Perkins Perama M20 replacement

russcannell

Visit site
Hi All,

I have a perkins perama M20 which is the KB 100 series. It has lost compresssion following an overheat last season. I have been offered a new 400 series 403-07 to replace it. My question is will the marinising parts on the bold engine...manifold, SW pump and sump fit the 400 series. Perkins do not marinise engines so i am at a loss as to who to ask. I realise the engine is slightly larger in capacity but unfortunately i have no other alternative as the 103-06 is no longer manufactured.

Cheers

Russ

Northseaman

Visit site
Perkins Engine

May be worth talking to Sam at West End Marine at Batley near Leeds.

Stocks Lane
Batley WF17 8PA
01924 478 060

Thniking of using them for engine replacement this autumn. Have numerous engine/geabox combinations both new and refurb on Apollo Duck website.

MrCramp

Visit site
Hi All,

I have a perkins perama M20 which is the KB 100 series. It has lost compresssion following an overheat last season. I have been offered a new 400 series 403-07 to replace it. My question is will the marinising parts on the bold engine...manifold, SW pump and sump fit the 400 series. Perkins do not marinise engines so i am at a loss as to who to ask. I realise the engine is slightly larger in capacity but unfortunately i have no other alternative as the 103-06 is no longer manufactured.

Cheers

Russ

I have a second hand Perkins Perama M20 103-06 which I am just about to advertise. It came with a river boat I bought and the previous owner had intended to fit it, but never did and I sold the boat.

It had previously been in a narrow boat on keel cooling but was taken out as the owner wanted to fit a bigger engine for a circumnavigation of UK canals (or as near as you can get to such a thing).

It is in excellent condition, starts on the button, runs well and very smoothly. I have set it up in my stables so any perspective buyer can see it running. It has an appropriate gearbox (think it is 2:1 but can look up the paperwork). Your marinising gear should fit on it no problem.

I am asking £1,500. let me know if you want further details.

peteK

Visit site
Hi All,

Cheers

Russ

Can it not be repaired,might only be the cylinder head,failing that the volvo 2020 is the same engine.