Perfect weather this weekend :)

IanPoole2

Visit site
If it's Fish and Chips - agree - Winkes is the one
If time and tide permist you can always go up the Colne to Wivenhoe - A small drinking village with a fishing problem

CPD

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Are you Billy No Mates at Brightlingsea, Alan, or do you have people with you to share the beer-drinking load?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, if anyone is out would be great to have a meet up and drink /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif !. Let m eknow.

Seakindly

Beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
Visit site
Met orifice for Friday:
1900 Thu 11 Sep 1900 Fri 12 Sep
Wind Southwesterly veering northwesterly 4 or 5, occasionally 6 later.
Sea state Slight or moderate.

Weather Web etc:
Friday
N'
3knts
Cloudy
Rain showers

Weather Occasional rain.
Visibility Moderate.

Some diff. betw. occ 6 and 3 knots
Any more offers?

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Assuming I get permission (I haven't had a weekend at home with family since our holiday in July!) I will be on the boat during the day on Sat in B'sea fitting the chart plotter.

Flipper is on the north side of South Cindry Pontoon. Come onboard for a beer.

Call HM on #68 and he will find you a berth
Yachtsmans Arms is good for a beer
Watertaxi runs to about 11pm on Sat. Jon has sold the business but does not change hands until the start of next season.

Cobra

Visit site
Hoping to be about on Sunday...we are easy to spot, we are the Cobra 850 that has an overgrown lawn attached to the underside of the hull!

It seems that Internationals finest has decided not to work too well, and at this late stage of the season I cannot be bothered to scrub her off!

CPD

Visit site
Its looking good ............................ says he looking out of his office window at the rain /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

muckypup

Visit site
Rained until about 1pm and then stopped and the wind dropped and thesun came out.

Started off a bit cloudy

IMG_1990.jpg

but just got nicer and nicer throughout the afternoon.

IMG_1996.jpg

We anchored up in near the mouth of the crouch for a picnic lunch.

IMG_2003.jpg

and never made it any further. Just relaxed and soaked up the sun.

IMG_2004.jpg

Today looks miserable and grey though (So far).

Steve

Seakindly

Beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
Visit site
Friday,
Poor viz and miserable drizzle coming out of Harwich, dull and wet coming down the Wallet, aiming to slip down the Swin and over to the Swale. About to pack up and pop into Brightlingsea but turned left instead on instinct, stuck flappies up, rain stopped, sun out on flat sea and Whitstable Bay laid out all warm and peaceful with seals basking about. Glorious evening. Nosed up creek in moonlight-no problem for most of you but a big adventure for me, and whilst stuck on mud in the last ten yards watching the pub close as the tide rose, the neighbouring boat handed us coffee laced with Famous Grouse. Yup. Perfect. Must keep turning left.

CPD

Visit site
See, I was right. Saturday afternoon drifted down to Brightlingsea, sitting at the bow lapping up the sunshine and watching the world go by under cloudy skies which gradually turned sunny and blue. Nice beer in the sun with Flipper and a bottle of wine on board followed by the first outing of the dinghy to Kovalams (and the food was marvelous). The Yachtsman certainly does serve fine beer and I even managed to find Pipedream in the dark. This morning was a brilliant sail back and the weekend ended oh so quickly. Couldnt bring the genoa back to get the UV strip repaired, as it wouldnt all go in the MG. Never mind - a great excuse to go back to the boat /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I hope all those out had an equally chilled couple of days.

Wunja

Visit site
Well, there was no wind on Saturday morning, so decided to investigate why the mast lights weren't working.
18:30 on Sunday got out on the water, having taken the mast down, rewired it, new tricolour with anchor light on top. Wired the anchor light into the spare pin on the mast connector to discover it was connected in to the bilge pump switch. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif And finally discovered that the spray hood frame had been broken sometime during the process. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
The hour and half sailing was very good though. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Other threads that may be of interest