Perfect tender ?

Fossil

Visit site
"Kept unattended on the dinghy pontoon". When I read that, I immediately had thoughts like "maybe something you could nail in place...", "something with very little value", or "something with an instantly-lethal-high-tension connection to the mains". If it's a high-value inflatable or RIB, with a new outboard, I certainly wouldn't be leaving it unattended for very long!

ylop

Visit site
Thanks Chiara. How does the faff factor and pack down size compare to what you had before?

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Thanks Chiara. How does the faff factor and pack down size compare to what you had before?
We previously had a Zodiac inflatable floor dinghy, bought over 20 years ago. It has the same number of compartments and same pressures. The pack size and weight are both about 20% less, not thst significant on the grand scheme. The complete motor is of course as heavy as a 4 stroke outboard, but can be carried in 2 parts easily. The convenience when it’s on the boat though, we are never again going to have a petrol motor.

I think it would sit unattended, though I haven’t tried this. As the floor sits clear of the water when it’s empty, I think you could leave the bung out and it would self drain. A future experiment.

Last edited:

Kelpie

Visit site
I used to keep an old Avon RIB with a Bison motor and a car battery tied to a pontoon. With the bung out, the rainwater would just drain out. I'd have to put the bung in when using it as the extra weight put the floor below water level.

Yealm

Visit site
"Kept unattended on the dinghy pontoon". When I read that, I immediately had thoughts like "maybe something you could nail in place...", "something with very little value", or "something with an instantly-lethal-high-tension connection to the mains". If it's a high-value inflatable or RIB, with a new outboard, I certainly wouldn't be leaving it unattended for very long!
Yes exactly!