Pensions

bottomlesspit

Visit site
Hi, So Question is, If I live aboard and cruise the world, can I/do still get my pension paid into UK bank account, Am I liable for tax etc etc, Guidance /experience welcome.

bedouin

Visit site
Almost certainly.

You are liable for tax on UK income in UK unless you pay tax on it somewhere else.

Were you to become legally resident in another country you would pay tax in that country and might benefit from lower tax rates. E.g. at one point I seem to recall Portugal allowing you to get your UK pension tax free if you moved there.

STILL AFLOAT

Visit site
Sorry, but you are not explaining much !
Its ok , asking a general question, but, to advise you correctly, we would need to know,
Where does your pension originate ?
If its a UK government pension, then you are stuck with the UK tax laws.
However, if it is a private pension, or paid, from outside the UK, then you can opt for whatever you think is best.
Good Luck

nortada

Visit site
Hi, So Question is, If I live aboard and cruise the world, can I/do still get my pension paid into UK bank account, Am I liable for tax etc etc, Guidance /experience welcome.

It is not possible to give a general answer to such a complex question but if you remain an ordinary resident in the UK then probably little will change but depending on your length of stay, status, and any arrangements between the UK and you host nation, you may have an extra tax liability.