PBO Binocular Review

grumpy_o_g

Visit site
Its unlikely, that considering the age of most forumites, that their eyes would be able to distinguish the difference between a £90 & £400 pair of bins.

I'd agree with that with many things but not Bino's. The more expensive normally have better "light-gathering" qualities, which is pretty important to me these days but wasn't so much earlier in my life. I also now need something that can cope with the diopter adjustment required for my aging eyes (I think that's the right term). Having said that I tried all the available bins in both Force 4 and Nick Cox's in Lymington last weekend and couldn't get on with any of them. I've always struggled with Steiner's as I get a shadow occulting part of the image no matter how I adjust them but I seem to be getting it with others as well now. I will try Monk Optics stand if I get a chance to get to SIBS next weekend.

gerry99

www.freedom.co.uk
I too second the recommendation of Monk Optics, they have the best optics I have found on a reasonably priced pair of bino's. If you are in the market for a pair and going to the Southampton Boat Show there will be a few stands selling all makes

BruceDanforth

Visit site
I picked up a half decent pair of old Japanese 7x50 binoculars from the Oxfam website for about 25 quid and they are better than the West Marine ones I had onboard previously.