pay as you go internet dongle - argos success

Triassic

Visit site
Spooky that you post this up just as I was discussing with my better half my options for getting the net into the boat....
I see that the 2gb that comes with the device only has a 30 day lifespan. Have you had to renew it yet and if so how much does that cost?

Richard10002

Visit site
shame about the £45 I wasted on the last card

an ebay special

could not get the sucker to work at all

If this was the 15Gb per month for 10 months EE data sim, I got one that worked for a week and I got 5Gb out of it. Complained via ebay messages, sent it back and he refunded the £45 - he cancelled the sale so I lost the chance to leave negative feedback

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
If this was the 15Gb per month for 10 months EE data sim, I got one that worked for a week and I got 5Gb out of it. Complained via ebay messages, sent it back and he refunded the £45 - he cancelled the sale so I lost the chance to leave negative feedback

I have contacted the bloke

I will let you know what happens

I could not even get it to register on the web

the mifi dongle recognised it but I got invalid codes all the time

D

Jamesuk

Visit site
321 Three Sim £15 top up 30 days then use as mobile hotspot or in Globe surfer for unlimted Data.
used 2 GB today.

Slocumotion

Visit site
Idiot guide please.

I'm always carping about our "Carppy" BT broadband here - 1 Mb/s MAX! (often nothing).
Would this be something worth looking at, for the house that is ?

stu9000

Visit site
My need is not particularly great but I would use a portable WiFi hotspot from mobile phone to laptop. In the USA tethering is quite restricted but its easier for us brits. Your phone provider might mumble some nonsense about a fee to enable it but there are plenty of apps out there that will do it. You might need to change your phone tariff of course as you would be using more bandwidth. But 3g might give you quite good coverage for checking e mails and slowish browsing. 4g is out there but not everywhere. My concern with wifi would be how good the connection is where ever I was parked. Although you can have quite a lot of fun making parabolic dishes out of collanders to boost the signal.
For me, I have a smart phone already so I use what I'm already paying for.