Patio Magic et al

johnalison

Visit site
A garden spray is ideal.
Oh no you cant pollute the sea or it might damange the A/F on those large Container Ships & that would never ever do :sleeping:
I use a spray when putting PM on, well, the patio of course. As already said, the fumes are unpleasant, and probably very bad for you, so a well-ventilated area is necessary. I use a brush on the boat for two reasons. Firstly, I find it easier to judge how wet I have made the wood, and secondly, you don't know who's watching, do you?

sailorman

Visit site
I use a spray when putting PM on, well, the patio of course. As already said, the fumes are unpleasant, and probably very bad for you, so a well-ventilated area is necessary. I use a brush on the boat for two reasons. Firstly, I find it easier to judge how wet I have made the wood, and secondly, you don't know who's watching, do you?

We are the most "watched" country in the world & & not really competent enough to be let out on our own

jwilson

Visit site
A SCRUB down of a teak deck. NOOOOOOOO!

I thought the important thing with teak deck for longevity is never to scrub (or worse pressure hose). We apply the Patio Magic with a soft paint brush (using plastic gloves and wearing the old wellies, not the Dubarrys) and walk way.

Same here: use it 3 times a year: dilution the highly technical "a bit of water added". Once after liftout in Oct/Nov, a week or two later before putting winter covers on, and then again just before or just after launch in the spring. Brush on with soft brush on dry day, hose off with soft brush a few days later if no rain to do it.