Para Anchor on EBay

mireland

Visit site
It is in perfect condition - never used and a new one costs twice as much but you may prefer to pay £1235 to a chandlery. If I could afford to I would give it away but sadly I am not in that position.

melandnick

Near Andover, Hampshire and Portland, Dorset
melandnick.com
Hi

Was not questioning the price, no doubt it is well worth it.
But be aware there is a £400 limit on this forum.

"Thanks to all your feedback on the For Sale forum. We're going to make two important changes to this forum:

1. New forum limit is £400. We still want to keep this relatively low as we hope this forum will act as somewhere where we can exchange odds and sods, rather than a major trading post. "

Cheers

Nick

melandnick

melandnick.com
As far as I can see, he's simply making us aware that it's up for sale on eBay, not this forum, so the £400 limit doesn't apply.

Doesn't affect me but it seems that if thats the case then the spirit of the forum is lost as you can put boats and all sorts on ebay and just put a link.
Having bought and sold a lot of things on the forum its the first thing I look at when I log on. It would not be the same if the bargains were replaced by stuff I couldn't afford.

Just my thoughts.
For what its worth, I think the para anchor is well worth the money and would snap it up if it were in my budget!.

Nick

bigwow

Visit site
Doesn't affect me but it seems that if thats the case then the spirit of the forum is lost as you can put boats and all sorts on ebay and just put a link.
Having bought and sold a lot of things on the forum its the first thing I look at when I log on. It would not be the same if the bargains were replaced by stuff I couldn't afford.

Just my thoughts.
For what its worth, I think the para anchor is well worth the money and would snap it up if it were in my budget!.

Nick

+1

Colvic Watson

Visit site
It's quite within the rules to link to ebay for items above £400 but not for boats though tenders are OK. A certain IPC staff member regularly puts up links here to stuff on ebay and who's to say how much it might go for?

Last edited:

Phideaux

Visit site
It's quite within the rules to link to ebay for items above £400 but not for boats though tenders are OK. A certain IPC staff member regularly puts up links here to stuff on ebay and who's to say how much it might go for?

Good point; who knows what stuff on eBay might fetch.

Personally, I think there's a lot of subterfuge to do with selling on this forum; various items offered and then no reply to pleas about availability. I know for a fact that at least three prospective buyers do not and will not post a "yes, me please" after being gazumpted.

Other forums have clear criteria for selling kit: offer it here and nowhere else; all questions and negotiations to be open on-line; only when a price has been agreed do the seller and buyer move to PM to confirm the transaction.

I think you either offer for sale on an open forum and expect replies in a similar open fashion, or you go to eBay.

Last edited:

mireland

Visit site
Since this has caused such a furore I have checked on the rules of the forum which I quote below and which should clear things up. Seems I was within the rules after all!

" 2. You MAY now post link to auction websites. This allows users who want to sell products over the limit to do so in a secure environment (for the buyer an the seller). However, we will still not allow links to BOATS FOR SALE of any type, whether that be on auction sites or otherwise. IF YOU ARE POSTING A LINK TO EBAY IN YOUR THREAD, PLEASE STATE SO IN THE THREAD TITLE."

Phideaux

Visit site
Since this has caused such a furore I have checked on the rules of the forum which I quote below and which should clear things up. Seems I was within the rules after all!

" 2. You MAY now post link to auction websites. This allows users who want to sell products over the limit to do so in a secure environment (for the buyer an the seller). However, we will still not allow links to BOATS FOR SALE of any type, whether that be on auction sites or otherwise. IF YOU ARE POSTING A LINK TO EBAY IN YOUR THREAD, PLEASE STATE SO IN THE THREAD TITLE."

Hey, not a furore! Still an amiable place to post "for sale" ads. Just don't expect only gentlemen to reply.

melandnick

melandnick.com

Really sorry
Seems I was the one in the wrong.
please accept my appologies.
I imagine it doesn't really matter anyway as the bargains will still be here whatever the limit.
good luck with it on ebay.

Nick