Paphos, Cyprus

cmedsailor

Visit site
Provided you can find a place with mooring (no anchor) yes, it's fine and quite secured. Some places have water and electricity too. Very important to contact them first, don't just sail there. The port is very small full of fishing boats, tourist boats (mainly) and very few sailing boats. For a catamaran I think it will be difficult to find a space. Your best bet is Larnaca marina (if you don't want to pay too much in a private owned marina like the two Limassol marinas).

Edit: You could check Latsi marina too. Proper marina (rather than a small port) but again usually packed. But for winter staying probably you will get lucky. I will consider it more safe for leaving the boat unattended than Pafos.

Last edited:

boatingdave

Visit site
Provided you can find a place with mooring (no anchor) yes, it's fine and quite secured. Some places have water and electricity too. Very important to contact them first, don't just sail there. The port is very small full of fishing boats, tourist boats (mainly) and very few sailing boats. For a catamaran I think it will be difficult to find a space. Your best bet is Larnaca marina (if you don't want to pay too much in a private owned marina like the two Limassol marinas).

Edit: You could check Latsi marina too. Proper marina (rather than a small port) but again usually packed. But for winter staying probably you will get lucky. I will consider it more safe for leaving the boat

unattended than Pafos.
I was there about a month ago (as a foot tourist). Didn't seem to be a lot of space. The Coastguard took up most of the breaker wall and there were loads of hire boats on the pontoons nearest the tourist area (funnily enough). I think you would be quite safe there though if you could get a mooring?