Paint Stripper?

G

Can anyone recommend a gel-coat friendly paint stripper. I want to remove some anti-slip paint from my deck which was applied by the previous owner. Consequently I am not sure of the manufacturer of the product in situ.
Damon

ccscott49

Visit site
Notromors do a fibreglass paint stripper, but I'm not sure if it will touch anti-slip, which may be two pack, last time I saw it done, the guy sanded it off, with a coarse orbital disc and it took forever! sorry! It did leave an excellent "key" for re-painting though.

bryantee

lefkas Greece (Summer)Cochin india(Winter)
Visit site
Tell me about it.I' ve been trying to get anti slip coating off my decks for 6months now.Its about 3 coats thick.Tried all the nitromor type solvents.Greek, French ,You name it.Unfortunatly the previous coats had blistered into patches so I have to remove it,.else I could have overpainted.The solvents melt the top gritty bit but then leave a residue.I have had some luck with a belt sander using 40 Grit belts. about 50% complete.Any advice very welcome.

ccscott49

Visit site
A small disc grinder, with 40 grit discs or the special disc grinder flap wheels, willo make short work of it, but be careful! wear proper eye/nose protection and hoover up regular, careful you do not go too deep! the new paint will cover a multitude of small mistakes and if you do go too deep you can fill, good luck, the belt sander is just not man enough, you can use it afterwards for final cleanup.