Paint job

Northern Star

Visit site
Hi and must have a chat with you about mine as I am working back up north again and she is in need of a touch up.

Hope all Ok and hope to be down for a mini cruise in Sept.

Mark26

Visit site
Not the antifowling.

Originally I had intended to, then I decided to pay the marina to do it, to save me crawling around under the boat and gave them the order. They simply jet wash it of and put one coat on.

Once it was out of the water, I could see it needed a lot of prep which they wouldn’t do, so back to plan A.

I cancelled the marina order and decided to do it myself. The marina staff were very nice, helpful, and understanding, and gave me a refund for the antifowling work.

Then I couldn’t get the prop off.

The marina staff put me onto a local engineer who you might know, Stevio, who within an hour of asking was underneath removing the prop for me. We talked about the antifowl, and he offered to do it for me.

It was twice the price of the marina, but included all the prep and undercoat. He is a very nice guy, very helpful, but most importantly available. My experience of trying to get anyone to do a job on the boat is generally “can’t do that for at least three months governor”. I was very happy not to be underneath doing all the scraping with all the lose antifowl raining down on me, and I’d be very happy to recommend him.

I originally decided to take it out of the water for the month of August, because I had quite a few top-side paint jobs to do, and it dries so much quicker this time of the year. She also needed her 30 year insurance survey.

Now, all done, and relaunching on 31/08

Last edited:

Mark26

Visit site
The hull was full of scratches and scars, this pic was taken after I repaired them but before the antifowling was done.
I’ve brought some bigger fenders - monster fenders in fact, to try to stop the damage in future, which all happened in locks, especially where there are any protrusions in the lock walls.
25FD8657-4EF1-4969-BB47-15C1FE344D72.jpeg

Scapegoat

Visit site
The hull was full of scratches and scars, this pic was taken after I repaired them but before the antifowling was done.
I’ve brought some bigger fenders - monster fenders in fact, to try to stop the damage in future, which all happened in locks, especially where there are any protrusions in the lock walls.
View attachment 141849
That’s a lovely finish ??

Scapegoat

Visit site
View attachment 141849
Is there anyone you or anyone else can recommend to touch up paintwork on a steel boat’s topsides?

Mark26

Visit site
If I remember correctly, you are in Shepperton?
Im told there’s a couple of guys in there painting one by hand at the moment. You might like to ask them?