Oxalic Acid Powder

Aja

Visit site
I'm finding it difficult to get hold of Oxalic Acid in powder form. I usually buy 500 grams of the stuff:

172373770914377090794725389569.jpg
But now can't find where I bought it from. I can see lots of Bar Keeper's Friend bottles of liquid cleaner, but would prefer the oxalic acid.

Has anyone a link?

Neeves

Visit site
Here in Oz the nanny state has not realised the risks. We can buy various concentrated acids, sulphuric, hydrochloric in 500ml bottles and Oxalic in 1kg plastic containers - over the counter in any DIY outlet.

Jonathan

William_H

Visit site
Here in Oz the nanny state has not realised the risks. We can buy various concentrated acids, sulphuric, hydrochloric in 500ml bottles and Oxalic in 1kg plastic containers - over the counter in any DIY outlet.

Jonathan
Also here in the Nanny state I found that Diggers brand (fromk Bunnings) stopped doing oxalic acid many years ago. They do a stain remover that seems to do a similar job. ol'will

Neeves

Visit site
Also here in the Nanny state I found that Diggers brand (fromk Bunnings) stopped doing oxalic acid many years ago. They do a stain remover that seems to do a similar job. ol'will
William, You are quite right, if you read round to the small print of the Bunnings Stain remover it says in rather small black letters,

Contains 100% Oxalic Acid.

Why they don't simply say 'Oxalic Acid, rust and stain remover' in large letters is a bit of a mystery.

After your post I had to go and check :)

Jonathan

VicS

Visit site
Oxalic acid is now classed as a regulated poison.

I found this on AG Woodcare's website:

PLEASE READ - TERMS OF PURCHASE - NEW REGULATIONS

Oxalic Acid in its crystal form is now classified as a regulated poison and is no longer available for sale to the general public. Businesses and professional users can still purchase Oxalic Acid from us in crystal form. Please confirm you are a business or professional user before ordering by clicking the checkbox above.

FOR BUSINESS CUSTOMERS WHO SUPPLY OXALIC ACID TO OTHER BUSINESS / USERS: Please note that you are responsible for following the new guidance on supplying Oxalic Acid. Please CLICK HERE for guidance information.

FOR PERSONAL CUSTOMERS: If you are not a professional or business customer, you can still purchase our wood bleacher, which is a pre-diluted Oxalic Acid mixture. This product does not need to comply with the new legislation for regulated poisons.

Refueler

Visit site
Just returned from local shop ... owners says no restrictions or rules as he knows of here in Latvia (EU) .... had a box with about 20kgs in already in 1kg bags .. I bought 2kg at 11.63 euros ..

He sells it for cleaning stones / paving etc ... he was surprised when I said furniture and boat people use it ...