Overland Gironde(ish) to Med

[3889]

Visit site
A friend is looking to sail down W coast France then truck boat to Med. Draft is too much for canals. Any suggestions for:
1.Best lift out
2.Best launch
3.Rough cost
4.Recommended hauliers

Boat is a 36' AWB and there is timing flexibility to secure a return load.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Cannot answer all your questions but we were very impressed with the technical capabilities of the marinas at Royan on the Gironde and Cap d'Agde on the Med. No problems with lift/launch at either.

lindsay

Visit site
Another yacht transportation company is Morlin. I have good experience of that one and Augizeau. You can get a quote on line from both

[3889]

Visit site
Thanks for the ideas. Looking at the road network I'd have thought Bordeaux Bassin a Flot would be the best bet. Any experiences of lift out here?

lindsay

Visit site
Since both hauliers I mentioned are in the area why not ask them their recommendation? I personally have not had experience of bargaining the price, but a friend has successfully brought down the original price bringing in pick up point and timing, as you suggest. Even if your friends French is not up to it he will find that a telephone call in franglais will probably result in them finding someone who can handle it in English. Both crisscross France all year transporting yachts. That is what they do.