Outward bound - Pugwash

oldbilbo

Visit site
havens-1.jpg

I'm sure Honourable Members will want to pause a while with me and wish our dear friend 'Pugwash' fair winds. We sailed near and far together. He 'slipped his moorings' early this morning, with his close family there to wave him farewell.

Perhaps the words below will have some resonance....

bilbos-last-song4.jpg

'Namarie', John. Farewell. Perhaps we'll share an anchorage, and a yarn, again some day.....​

Last edited:

AndrewB

Visit site
Very sorry to hear this. He has been an excellent contributor - his last thread was just a month ago, and it was apparent then how ill he was. Please pass on condolences, I'm sure everyone here will feel the same.

Liz_I

Visit site
oldbilbo, what a fitting tribute.

Very sorry to hear of Pugwash's passing. Our thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Haven't-a-Clue

Visit site
A beautiful and fitting tribute. I am a fan of Tolkein but had not come across that before.
Namarie indeed, the uttermost shore beckons. I hope that his family take great comfort from your post and my thoughts are with them.

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
A ship sails and I stand watching till she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says "she is gone."

Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all. She is just as large now as when I last saw her. Her diminished size and total loss from my sight is in me, not in her.

And just at that moment, when someone at my side says she is gone, there are others who are watching her coming over their horizon and other voices take up a glad shout - There she comes!

That is what dying is. An horizon and just the limit of our sight.

Lift us up O Lord, that we may see further.