Outdoor TV in yacht?

JaneGreen

Visit site
Can be? It's your decision but I suggest that you search for one that is specifically designed to be waterproof or with low voltage.

++ Did a quick research, apparently there are outdoor tvs like Cosmos Outdoor TV , Sunbrite, Skyview etc. Just check-them out and see for yourself if they have ceiling mounts?

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
You're in the wrong area with that question. The posters on here saw toothbushes in half to save weight. TVs - no way.

I hide the car keys under the wheel arch while sailing to save weight :D

Next on the list is getting everybody to use the same brand of phone so only one charging lead is required..

lpdsn

Visit site
You're in the wrong area with that question. The posters on here saw toothbushes in half to save weight. TVs - no way.

Ah, but sawing your toothbrush in half doesn't get your handicap down. IRC does take into account the fit out down below and I know of one particular boat where it was believed they fitted a TV screen which made a difference.

JohnDale

Visit site
Thanks, right now, I'm browsing on cosmos outdoor tvs and its other mounting options. I'll do more research then.

Kerenza

www.24bit.ltd.uk
Hmm,
I did have two TV's on board (down to one now). Didn't help my rating number. Nor the anchor and chain, extra firextinguishers batteries and 150l diesel etc.
IRC isn't for real cruisers.

laika

Visit site
projector on the windward quarter and preventer pulling the main back as far as the spreaders?

Plus obviously headphones for everyone so as not to disturb the neighbours aurally as well as visually

johnalison

Visit site
If you want to save weight you will need the Casio TV with a 2" screen. To be honest, it wasn't very good but I think we've still got ours somewhere. You're welcome to it, but it's analogue only. They probably use this in Venezuela. On second thoughts, it'll have to be a smartphone.

lpdsn

Visit site
Hmm,
I did have two TV's on board (down to one now). Didn't help my rating number. Nor the anchor and chain, extra firextinguishers batteries and 150l diesel etc.
IRC isn't for real cruisers.

I wouldn't expect it to help you. Once you're a real cruiser you can't get any more real. :)

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
I bet the OP was greatly relieved to have the thread finally moved from the "Yacht Racing" forum.

I'm afraid that I can't help either but will at least refrain from commenting on weight reduction.

I can't resist suggesting he has it moved to "Practical Boat Owner's Reader to Reader". :D :D

Seriously though, I hope he does get some practical help on "Scuttlebutt".

JohnDale

Visit site
the cosmos outdoor tv looks good as what their website looks lol but anyways i don't think i'm still going to get one.