Outboard Lock - RUBBISH

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Just had to cut the outboard lock off, it looks identical to this one but from a different supplier and cheaper, they're sold under many labels so no doubt generic Chinese. The captive lock had corroded to the point it was partly eaten away and wouldn't turn to unscrew. Disc cutter sorted it. OUTBOARD MOTOR HEAVY DUTY LOCK – STAINLESS STEEL | eBay

Ooops wrong forum, can a mod move to PBO please

rotrax

Visit site
Just had to cut the outboard lock off, it looks identical to this one but from a different supplier and cheaper, they're sold under many labels so no doubt generic Chinese. The captive lock had corroded to the point it was partly eaten away and wouldn't turn to unscrew. Disc cutter sorted it. OUTBOARD MOTOR HEAVY DUTY LOCK – STAINLESS STEEL | eBay

Ooops wrong forum, can a mod move to PBO please

The only ones that are any good IMHO are the most simple - a S/S tube with a closed end, a long slot and a hole at the other end for a S/S Disclock, the round closed shackle type. Our one is well over ten years old now.

The only shortcoming is a tendency to rattle if the engine is in use.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
The only ones that are any good IMHO are the most simple - a S/S tube with a closed end, a long slot and a hole at the other end for a S/S Disclock, the round closed shackle type. Our one is well over ten years old now.

The only shortcoming is a tendency to rattle if the engine is in use.

Yes, that's what I had on my old engine, thought I would go for something supposedly better for the new one, as required under insurance policy. It's certainly secure, proved impossible to open without a disc cutter:mad: