Out She Comes

CX54WEK

Visit site
Out Naughty Cal comes

25032011178.jpg

Oops

25032011177.jpg

Double Oops. The bag had gone right through the oil seals and into the shafts so the OH had a crash course in changing duo prop oil seals on Saturday. It is all flushed through with cheap oil and now has fresh drive oil free from contamination!!

26032011181.jpg

26032011179.jpg

26032011180.jpg

We should have a relatively easy weekend coming as all we have left to finish is some fresh antifoul paint to apply and a few coats of wax and then she is ready for the new season. Despite Saturdays set back we had a productive weekend and got more finished than we envisaged we would, even finding time to take the new dinghy for a spin :D

alt

Visit site
Thank's for the pics.

Pitty you didn't manage to take pics and write a tutorial on how to change the oil seals, would have been a very interesting read!

CX54WEK

Visit site
Thank's for the pics.

Pitty you didn't manage to take pics and write a tutorial on how to change the oil seals, would have been a very interesting read!

I was at the other end of the yard cleaning fenders whilst it was taking place. I didnt like it when the OH walked across the yard with the shafts announcing "Look what i took out". I stayed well away :(

JKay

Visit site
I was at the other end of the yard cleaning fenders whilst it was taking place. I didnt like it when the OH walked across the yard with the shafts announcing "Look what i took out". I stayed well away :(

NC why is your outdrive so brown after the excellent power wash that BW have done?

ps come down with Kev for Friday night at T't club :)

CX54WEK

Visit site
NC why is your outdrive so brown after the excellent power wash that BW have done?

ps come down with Kev for Friday night at T't club :)

Because its been buried in the mud too much :D

The outdrive is getting ready for a good going over. Next year when it has a full service we will take it home, buzz it down and reprime and paint it. It is starting to look quite scabby now, but for this year at least we didnt want to disturb the bellows, they look like new and were only replaced last year so we have left well alone. That can be next years task. It is not going in the kitchen at home though :(

We wont be down at the marina until quite late tomorrow evening. We are going to visit mother dear first to drop of her Mothers Day gifts. Cant be wasting valuable boating time on Sunday :)

CX54WEK

Visit site
After what felt like an eternity (2 weeks!!) Naughty-Cal is finally back in the water looking like a new pin. Freshly antifouled, polished, new anodes and drive serviced hopefully this season wont be a repeat of last where she spent a fair amount of time being pulled in and out with various small niggly issues.

Taped Up

02042011186.jpg

02042011185.jpg

Fresh Paint

02042011193.jpg

02042011191.jpg

Waxed Up

02042011192.jpg

New ropes and ready to launch

03042011198.jpg

Celebratary BBQ lit and then the heavens open!!

03042011200.jpg

rafiki_

Visit site
She looks great, well done. Just working through the list on Rafiki ready for the season. Backs a bit sore, but she is starting to look presentable.

CX54WEK

Visit site
She looks great, well done. Just working through the list on Rafiki ready for the season. Backs a bit sore, but she is starting to look presentable.

Will see if we can manage to keep her in the water this year. She was in and out like a fiddlers elbow last year with little niggly problems that needed sorting, like a leaky drive trim ram, dodgy trim tab ram, a second hydraulic fluid leak. Fingers crossed all sorted for this year :)

rafiki_

Visit site
Yes, must have been very frustrating.

A bunch of boats were lifted back in at our Marina last week, only to find 4 of them have serious engine problems as a result of the big freeze. Nasty!!! That is 10 in all at our Marina to date, with I'm sure some more to emerge as people get back into them this weekend.

CX54WEK

Visit site
Yes, must have been very frustrating.

A bunch of boats were lifted back in at our Marina last week, only to find 4 of them have serious engine problems as a result of the big freeze. Nasty!!! That is 10 in all at our Marina to date, with I'm sure some more to emerge as people get back into them this weekend.

There have been at least 16 boats with serious engine failures where we are. Im sure more will pop up as people start to get back into boating for the summer.

ETA: We had a lucky escape this winter when our thermostatic switch in the engine bay decided not to work. The heater wasnt working for a week during the depth of the big freeze. Luckily the damage was limited to a damaged domestic water pump. Could have been far worse.

rafiki_

Visit site
I think the winter was far harsher than we have experienced in recent times. We had temps down to -19C at Tewkwsbury, and the marina was frozen up for 42 days!