Ostend Voor Anker 29,30,31 May

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]

I quite like 2182 khz myself. The good folks of Oostende Radio seem positively happy to get a radio check call from off Landguard!

[/ QUOTE ]

You should do it more often - keeps them in business. There's been talk of downsizing/abolishing the HF watch.
And they're one of the last (if not the last) stations still around listening on HF in our neck of the woods.

As with all things: use it or lose it.

CliveG

Visit site
I regret to report that Sirenia will not make the Oostend gathering this year.

We expect to wet her bottom at Levington over the whit weekend and spend the week aboard, but I want to be sure that all systems are sound before a long sea crossing.

Hope you all have a good time over there and we shall see you all later in the year.
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Re: Oostende Voor Anker 29,30,31 May

[ QUOTE ]
Is the HM hoping for a little present this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the end of last season I was informed 'to cut it out' /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif as he now had enough tea to see him through a war or two.
I may be wrong, but I believe I clould hear him muttering something that sounded like 'thank you' /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Anyway, should you want to bring a gift, I've been told you can't find 'proper' bacon in Belgium /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oliveoyl

www.yotblog.com

Indeed, 'proper' bacon may exist, but impossible to find in shops. The "bacon" we get is so filled with water that it simmers rather than fries. If Robert likes "proper" bacon, he might also appreciate real sausages?
This may sound daft, but am sad that we won't be able to make Oostende, cos we'll be in the Ionian. Guess you can't have your craic and eat it.

Sixpence

Visit site

Only proper bacon over here /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
A short breakfast video just for you /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shmoo

Visit site
Re: Ostend Voor Anker 29,30,31 May

[ QUOTE ]

but much dependent on the weather

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that goes without saying. We won't be punishing ourselves in unsuitable weather either.