osmosis treatment at woodrolfe

gilespie

Visit site
i have decide to finally bite the bullet and get my boat osmosis treated this winter. I have previously made tentative enquiries and got a favourable price from woodrolfe boat yard in essex. does anyone have any experiences of this yard they wouldnt mind sharing ?

she is currently laying on the south coast and as you may gather i am prepared to sail most places (scotland too far !) to get the work done. has anyone got any other yards that they recommend ?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Becky

Visit site
We have just recently taken 'Cornish Maid' into Dell Quay boat yard. While my last boat was out all winter on the hard at Chi Marina, I saw several boat that looked especially good,and they had all been done at Dell Quay- osmosis and epoxy-treated (rust-free keels is what I noticed first). They are a small yard run by working directors who seem to care about what they do. So, I have been there this afternoon, they are letting us keep the boat there free of charge until they are ready to start work. They also allow me free use of elecrticity while I am working, and nothing seems to be too much trouble. Talking to other yachties in the yard, they seem to have a closeknit dedicated following. One yacht is up from Plymouth for the winter-in fact it is still there.
I have been shown their work, and it is very good. look at their web site-www.dellquay.com. Their prices are water-to-water inclusive and extremely reasonable. A Moody 27 comes out at just over £4000 complete. That is lift, mast down, treatment, mast up and relaunch.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gunfleet

Visit site
The guys who do that work there are very conscientious and thorough. They repainted my C&N and did a beautiful job of it. Click 'repairs' on their website and you'll see a picture of it.

<hr width=100% size=1>

gilespie

Visit site
i did see your c&n on their site and was very impressed, i could almost see MY face in it !!!

thanks for the advice, please keep em coming !

<hr width=100% size=1>

KevB

Visit site
Can highly recommend Dell Quay. Had both outdrives serviced by them this year. Total cost for both legs £250, including coming into Chi marina to remove them. Price quoted by Peters £500 EACH + VAT.......

Not so sure about getting the boat lifted there as equipment does seem to be a bit old and rusty and they are very dependant on tide height. Also no proper hard standing so gravel and dirt gets all over your boat.

First rate service though and more than helpful.

<hr width=100% size=1>