Oriegon Compass »3000« 2-burner alcohol cooker - pan holders.

onesea

Visit site
Has any one found an affordable solution?

I have a system in place thanks to purchase from here they work, however it’s not as clean and easy to use as I hoped.

they are available occasionally on E-Bay at eye watering prices:
Origo Dometic Pot Holder for dometic origo 1500 & 3000 | eBay

For that I will carry on as I am.

Another solution I have considered is this and 2 penny washers to add strength but again it’s not ideal:
Navy Load Marine Cooker Single and Double Pan Holders NL.30004 NL.30005

wrr

Visit site
I solved a similar issue with the use of two laboratory bossheads and some 8mm aluminium rod bent to shape, the total cost was less than £20 at current value.

jamie N

Visit site
Get a metal coat hanger, untwist it at the top, and straighten it out.
Bend it to a shape where you can place your pans(s), something like in the photo perhaps.
I've used mine for nearly 10 years without failure or incident.
100% reliable..IMG_20220822_111420_536.jpg

richardsn9

Visit site
Has any one found an affordable solution?

I have a system in place thanks to purchase from here they work, however it’s not as clean and easy to use as I hoped.

they are available occasionally on E-Bay at eye watering prices:
Origo Dometic Pot Holder for dometic origo 1500 & 3000 | eBay

For that I will carry on as I am.

Another solution I have considered is this and 2 penny washers to add strength but again it’s not ideal:
Navy Load Marine Cooker Single and Double Pan Holders NL.30004 NL.30005
I bought an alcohol cooker from Compass 24, the 3000 model, which is basically a generic Origo. I managed to use my existing gimbal and clamp set from my old gas cooker. They are still available for about £30 from Force 4.

Geoff Wode

Visit site
If £125 for a pair of rough, second hand ones is ridiculous, what’s a fair price for an artisanal new pair?

Asking for a friend…

Saltram31

Visit site
I made a brass frame to go round mine. Even though I have the pan clamps I find the frame does a super job and no fiddly adjustments in rougher weather. The front bar folds up and down and tightened by wing nuts, which allow for a tighter grip on the pots. I have a removable centre bar that prevents sideway movement. Cost a few bob in materials and if you have the time,looks smart when polished up.

Attachments

• Pot holder.jpg
    Pot holder.jpg
    920.5 KB · Views: 13