Orange Gas Hose Expiry Date Query

• Thread starter Deleted member 36384
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 36384

Hello,

I have just bought a length of Orange Gas hose with "4/17" printed on the hose along with all the other bumf. Is the hose life calculated from installation date or manufactured date? I assume that the date on the hose is the manufactured date. I understand that hose is expected to be replaced every 5 years.

Look forward to your advice,

BlowingOldBoots

CLB

Visit site
5 years from manufacture, although common sense plays a part unless you need to specifically have 'in-date' hose. Two years into its life is a bit off though.

D

Deleted member 36384

Thanks folks, mail order, so did not get to pick it. However, it's easy to replace and very low cost so the date is not an issue really.

I don't know what is driving this, the rubber deteriorating when on the shelf, or damaged caused by gas interacting with the rubber? In my industry we have expiry dates for elastomers based on manufacturing dates, so I guess its the same, the properties change over time.

VicS

Visit site
Thanks folks, mail order, so did not get to pick it. However, it's easy to replace and very low cost so the date is not an issue really.

I don't know what is driving this, the rubber deteriorating when on the shelf, or damaged caused by gas interacting with the rubber? In my industry we have expiry dates for elastomers based on manufacturing dates, so I guess its the same, the properties change over time.

I cannot speak for the orange HP hose but I had a length of unused LP hose which split length wise when pushed onto a nozzle......... No signs of cracking when flexed.
It was rather older than the recommended 5 year life but had only been on the garage shelf.