Online Shopping in Spain??

goeasy123

Visit site
We're stuck on board in Marina Coruna, Galicia. Can anyone recommend online shops where we can buy stuff from and get it delivered. Ideally, they need to be in Spain to minimise delivery cost and might have English translation on the website. In the following types:
  1. Tools. Like Screwfix or Machine Mart in the UK.
  2. Polishing compounds for GRP.
  3. Canvas cleaning and waterproofing.
  4. Nautical fabric.
  5. Chandlery
We found and can recommend Francobord for the usual nautical, fishing, outdoor stuff. Pretty good and with an 'English' button and call back phone in English. Francobordo.com - Tienda Online de Nautica, Outdoor, Pesca y Submarinismo
Thanks

V1701

Visit site
Nootica have good offers, also based in France, I got an inflatable canoe for a very good price and no problem with delivery. Amazon lockers are useful if there's one nearby...

goeasy123

Visit site
It's not to difficult to understand what a site is saying. The problem is the other way round searching for something and not knowing what the Spanish is for an English phrase.

jeanne

Visit site
We do most of our on-line shopping with UK , it is just as fast, and the prices seem similar. The only problem is finding a firm prepared to deliver abroad. Their websites sometimes only recognise UK postcodes. Whichever supplier you use, you will need to get the marina's OK to accept the delivery, the courier will not want to deliver to your boat. The only place to avoid using is the USA, as everything comes with import tax demands, which are sometimes more than the cost of the goods, and slow the process down. But I would be very suprised if you could not meet your needs in Coruna, where there are plenty of boats, all needing chandlers ( shops called Efectos Navales). Get a multilingual yachtie to translate your list into Spanish, and go to town!

Beneteau381

Visit site
We're stuck on board in Marina Coruna, Galicia. Can anyone recommend online shops where we can buy stuff from and get it delivered. Ideally, they need to be in Spain to minimise delivery cost and might have English translation on the website. In the following types:
  1. Tools. Like Screwfix or Machine Mart in the UK.
  2. Polishing compounds for GRP.
  3. Canvas cleaning and waterproofing.
  4. Nautical fabric.
  5. Chandlery
We found and can recommend Francobord for the usual nautical, fishing, outdoor stuff. Pretty good and with an 'English' button and call back phone in English. Francobordo.com - Tienda Online de Nautica, Outdoor, Pesca y Submarinismo
Thanks
I bought my flares from here last year by mail order. Half the price of UK. They sent them to our marina in Portugal. The courier system in Spain and Portugal is very efficient. Recambios Marinos Náutica Sur

goeasy123

Visit site
We do most of our on-line shopping with UK , it is just as fast, and the prices seem similar. The only problem is finding a firm prepared to deliver abroad. Their websites sometimes only recognise UK postcodes. Whichever supplier you use, you will need to get the marina's OK to accept the delivery, the courier will not want to deliver to your boat. The only place to avoid using is the USA, as everything comes with import tax demands, which are sometimes more than the cost of the goods, and slow the process down. But I would be very suprised if you could not meet your needs in Coruna, where there are plenty of boats, all needing chandlers ( shops called Efectos Navales). Get a multilingual yachtie to translate your list into Spanish, and go to town!
Jeanne, Would you believe, with all the boats in A Coruna, there is only one chandlery, Pombo. You can get anything from 5 miles of drift net to a cork ball key ring. But they don't do online.

I bought my flares from here last year by mail order. Half the price of UK. They sent them to our marina in Portugal. The courier system in Spain and Portugal is very efficient. Recambios Marinos Náutica Sur
I'm OK for boat stuff. It's more of the Screwfix and 'non-boat, but useful for a boat' stuff that I need.

Peter

Visit site
We where here a couple of years ago. Very good place for Screwfix type stuff - Brico Depôt, have look on Google maps, bit like B&Q on steroids. Only problem you'll have is getting there as not walking distance from marina.

steveallan

Visit site
Google maps
Leroy Merlin
Etc
Then order online
As you will be aware all diy type stores are closed but most are offering telephone and or online services.
Will the marina office help you with this.