Ongoing police incident on tanker off IOW?

C08

Visit site
Thanks for the link, details still not on national news - a strange place for a hijack!

jamie N

Visit site
I reckon it's a crew member having a bad day, and causing an issue onboard.
Should say that's based on probability & experience.

Blue Sunray

Visit site
Presumably these stowaways will now claim asylum once they're in UK waters. More comfortable than crossing the channel in a rubber dinghy.

They do at least score points for convenience given that in a prime exercise area for UK VBSS teams. My first reaction was that someone had forgotten the FOR EXERCISE bit on a message, but I then realised it was a weekend.

Appledore

Visit site
If you log into Marine Traffic and find 'Nave Andromeda' off the IOW, look at its back track! Great deal of too-ing and fro-ing off Brest!! Makes me wonder if it was arranged to pick up illegals whilst at sea. Can't see how they would have come from Nigeria without being discovered. Hope the SBS sort them out soon.

Blue Sunray

Visit site
If you log into Marine Traffic and find 'Nave Andromeda' off the IOW, look at its back track! Great deal of too-ing and fro-ing off Brest!! Makes me wonder if it was arranged to pick up illegals whilst at sea. Can't see how they would have come from Nigeria without being discovered. Hope the SBS sort them out soon.

Endex called, all over now.