One step closer...

BarryD

Visit site
Well the survey arrived today and it seems there are no material defects to stop me going ahead. A list of minor points and some that will require more thinking about. I guess I shall be spending next Saturday with a note pad as we go over the unlabeled fuse / switchgear with the current owner. Then I load the jeep up with everything that can be washed and head back home - after all SWMBO needs to feel part of the process.

So Saturday the 3rd should be handover day.

I shall be spending the week arranging insurance, VHF licences, buying flares, charts, GPS cradles, extending the current berthing by another month - trying to sort out a more qualified body to baby-sit me round the coast to Chichester (paid for berthing!). Lots to do and arrange - I can see why these things can soak up your time.

Running out of excuses not to have the new (to me) boat party soon...

Barry D.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Ha at long last the big moment draws nearer - make sure you have a full cheque book cos this is where the fun starts.

The longer range forecast for later this week is looking very good, a large high pressure system sat right over us so hopefully you will have a good trip back. Let us know how it goes and most of all enjoy it!

duncan

Visit site
Best of luck - just remember that your enjoyment is directly proportional to the little lady's. If in doubt head back (happily) and look forward to the next time.

See you on the water I hope.

regards

Other threads that may be of interest