OMC king cobra

G

Hi,

I bought a chris craft crowne with 2 x V8 OMC cobra LE engines (2 x 235hp) with
two king cobra stern drives.
There is a discussion going on about the fact if spare parts for these drives will
still be available in the, near and far, future now that bombardier has taken over OMC.
Can anyone PLEASE help me with this one ? Has enyone concrete information
about the fact if there can be expected problems yes or no .....
Thanks and kindest regards
Peter

neale

Visit site
Peter

I have an OMC Cobra and have been wondering the same thing. I buy lots of my spares direct from the USA. As there are literally thousands of boats with OMC setups in the US I am guessing that parts will be available for the foreseable future. It may be that you will have to buy aftermarket as opposed to original.
Having said that, my usual supplier in the US seems to have dropped his OMC pages from his website. I have emailed them to find out why and am anxiously awaiting his reply.

Neale

G

Hi neale,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please keep me posted if you hear something from
your 'supplier'. My e-mail = Peter.boschmans@katoennatie.com
Please let me know yours I will also keep you informed when I find something
more out.
kindest regards
Peter
(Antwerp, Belgium)

G

Peter, Bombadier will be going back 10 years for spare parts, Sierra&Agua Power are increasing their after-market parts stock, gears, prop&drive shafts, seal kits, bearings, water pump shafts, etc., quite a few parts and growing, housings, upper&lower, gimbal rings,transom plates will get increasingly hard to find, my advice would be to stock up on empty gearcases for future use, We have several used Marine supply outlets here in Florida with great prices, if I can be of any help to you, post on this board, or e-mail me. Dave
BoatmanDaveStAug@aol.com