Old blakes paint colours - where to source?

Roach1948

www.dallimoredesigns.nl
I am looking for some out of stock deck paint from Blakes. The name is Stone Grey 12170 and was discontinued some time back.

My local chandler advised that Biscay Grey was a close match, and to my shock horror it was the most revolting shade of swimming pool blue I have ever seen.

Roach deserves her original deck colour back so I was rather keen to see whether I can find some old stock. Any suggestion on suppliers that might have some?

MoodySabre

Visit site
Dauntless in Benfleet (actually just over the bridge onto Canvey Island) has a huge stock of paint but he might not know what he has got - it's the sort of place for a rummage. Very cheap though.

Poignard

Visit site
Harbour Chandlers, Emsworth, were selling off a lot of old paint recently - might be worth a look if you happen to be in that area.

Ditto Foulkes Chandlery Barge, Bursledon [Swanwick?].

wrr

Visit site
Blakes appear to have stopped making their chlorinated rubber deck paint. The new "deck coating" is nothing like its predecessor and appears to resemble normal alkyd paint. Industrial suppliers like Bradite can supply chlorinated rubber paint in any British standard colour, I got mine via the local "Brewers". Five litres is the minimum quantity.

rjp

Visit site
Ah well everyone to their own! I'm desperate to get hold of some Biscay Grey - it's either that or change the whole deck/cabin top colour scheme this year (which I would rather avoid having done that only 2 years ago!) I would be very interested to know who has stock of this. By the way, I think it dries to a lovely soft bluey-grey colour.

John