Oh Oh Not another H*nt*ng Post

andyb

Visit site
Spent a couple of Hours this morning in the company of the local hunt and it's followers.
Thoroughly decent people, Young and old, from all walks of life(500plus supporters turned up) Not the murderous Toff's we are led to believe.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Huntings about a day out on a horse, with other like minded folks. A bit like boating really. Except theres a bonus for the farmers if they catch a fox. Thats why the farmers allow them on there land.

ari

Visit site
Hmmm...

Not often we get a pack of dogs to rip a terrified live animal to shreds when I've been boating, perhaps thats where I've been going wrong.

Still, they all sound like jolly nice people all the same... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

andyb

Visit site
Ok , some might argue,about the poor litle fishes cut to pieces by your
prop, or starved of oxygen when you empty 25litres of sh*t etc. from your holding tank!

andyb

Visit site
I think the trouble is that a lot of the people in the anti hunting group, will be itching to get into the next cause, wether it be fishing, shooting etc. They were definatly conspicuous by ther absence this morning.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Drag Hunting Instead

So how do you make sure, that whoever gets the job of shooting the fox, is not enjoying his work. Suppose you put an advert in the paper. Wanted, some one who really really hates shooting foxes!!

andyb

Visit site

AOL are running a poll at the momment
Do you agree with the ban on fox hunting?
Yes 44%
No 56%
Don't tell me all fox Hunters use AOL /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

andyb

Visit site
Re: AOL Users

The ban is in place sure enough, but the hunting will go on of that I am sure .
The police are in a awfull position, with no way of enforcing the ban as much of the hunting takes place on private land.
And I am sure the vast majority of police officers would rather be doing something more worthwhile than standing about on a Saturday morning freezing to death, wondering which tree they can discretely take a leak behind.
Right time to go home
Thanks for your comments
Andy

deborahann

Visit site
well I actually don't have that much of an issue with hunting, i.e after fox's, as living very much in the countryside I appreciate that if they get at any poultry they kill the whole lot. Fox numbers do have to be kept under control, its for their own benefit too. I had a very large dog fox sit under my garden flood lights a few years ago, felt as there were upwards of 2000+ turkeys being fattened up for xmas, very close by I had no choice but to tell the farmer. Now you could argue the turkeys wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway. BUT many would have died a horrible death, instead of being killed humanely. Or at least I hope so.

The dog fox and a bitch fox were both shot by the local shoot. They shoot mostly on Saturdays, rear ducks and pheasants etc., especially to be shot. Now that I do disagree with as they basically just want to kill things, anything, rabbits especially, again their numbers do have to be kept down. Think what we are all saying is that people who take pleasure from the actual killing of animals, including fox's are not very nice.

Certainly the hunting van full of dead animals and the shooters own children, who particpate in full, is not a pleasant sight. It will continue, as the shoot takes place all round my house on Dutchy of Lancaster land, owned by the Queen. So thats still allowed as they pay for the rights, they even locate in a shooting house.

But am I any better, in the last year alone, I have had to have mice, pidgeons, moles, and cluster flies all killed. & a few years ago rats. Ok they invaded my house. About once per week I find somthing dead in the garden, thats nature, unfortunately. Its just the way nature is controlled that counts.

Davy_S

Visit site
I suppose the anti blood sport, animal rights groups are a realy nice bunch of people? Most of them claim dole whilst commiting act of violence and vandalism, make no mistake these ban it brigades will be out to wreck anything they dont beleive in. They are part of the sadoes that have nothing better to do. Whats more most of them wouldnt know a fox unless it bit their arse.

britemp

Visit site
I used to live in a rural area with several well-known hunts, though I rarely mixed with them. Never have and never will hunt, but believing in personal freedom as I do, I do not believe that hunting should have been banned.

Today instead of hunting the fox with dogs, they shot the fox and then dragged it to hunt the trail. Chance of fox escaping the hounds when alive - pretty good. Chance of fox escaping from hounds after having been shot - somewhat less I imagine! What a pathetic law!

whisper

Visit site

Brian, I think I know what you mean but there are very imprecise boundaries here.
It is lawful - as far as I know - for someone to go ferreting for rabbits. If the ferret traps a rabbit underground then it will kill it, possibly in a slow way . If 2 ferrets are underground at the same time then the death of the rabbit is similar to the "being torn apart" that sometimes happened to foxes. One can also use up to 2 terriers to catch and kill foxes when underground. Ok, in both of these scenarios you are trying to make the prey bolt into nets or to guns but should they also be banned? How humane is the laying of traps for wild animals? I've seen a fox that had managed to almost saw it's own head off in trying to escape a wire noose - not very humane either.
I was brought up in the Country and have shot and fished regularly. I used to occasionally follow the hounds but over the years have got sick of the c**p that certain pro-hunting people use to try to justify their "sport".
What really pisses me off is the fact that passing this law has taken up a huge amount of time and expense when such efforts put towards helping fellow humans, who are starving, would have been far more worthwhile.
Ooh I've got an headache now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Cheers,
John.

hlb

RIP
Visit site

But are you sure they dont enjoy it. Why else would they do there job, Is work satisfaction not important??

Most folk that go hunting have no interest in the fox. I went once. I was ten years old and my pony 25. No way could I keep up!! My sister who was older and had a bigger horse nearly kept up. Not sure this helps!

Was there not some one killed a few months ago when some one with a gun, mistook them for a fox?? I mean, it would take a fairly thick hound to make that mistake!!

ari

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose the anti blood sport, animal rights groups are a realy nice bunch of people? Most of them claim dole whilst commiting act of violence and vandalism, make no mistake these ban it brigades will be out to wreck anything they dont beleive in. They are part of the sadoes that have nothing better to do. Whats more most of them wouldnt know a fox unless it bit their arse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite sure I understand the relevance to the conversation. Do you think that anyone not pro hunting falls into this catagory? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Odd thing to say... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif