Off to St Tropez to see targa31

ianainge

Visit site
Well after alot of umming and errring about the 1993 Fairline Targa 31 in Southsea with dubious history i.e stolen recovered and no service history for the first 5 years for £64000, im off to sunny france to view similar boat only 2 owners full history larger KAD 42 engines for £4000 less plus £2500 to get her home, only minus point she has 600 hours compared to 450 hours on the other one.whistle stop tour depart Thusday am back thusday pm.Any advice from you seasoned sailors before i go apart from the obvious (dont come back).

tcm

Visit site
Re: St Tropez

The Gihrellia restaurant (pronounced ji-Relly-a) on the front in the old port is The best place in town for lunch, so if you buy boat specify the free lunch there. You can refer to it straight out like that, blue signs, smart but not overbearing inside. The fixed price lunch may include the fab provencal pesto soup to start and the even more fabulous cinnamon ice cream with apple summink. Recommended house wine is steep if you're paying so nearly any rosé in a bottle is absolutely fine. book ahead from uk on 0033 494 97 03 87, or miss out the 0033 and insert 0 if in france.

A helicopter (use the web) from st tropez to nice is bout um 180 quid one way and utterly fab. Heli-inter is on http://www.nice.aeroport.fr/acces_stationnement_en/helico/sttropez.asp

Knock some more money off the boat if it has any green coloured things inside or out. Otherwise buy it.

ianainge

Visit site
Re: St Tropez

Thanx Tcm for that phone no. the other day, how much is the lunch at that restaurant and these green thin, are we talking algae or upholstery/hull colour?

tcm

Visit site
Re: lunch - the main event

Lunch year prix fixe 195FF ie less than 20quid each off peak (like now) jumped to (gasp) 210ff at easter, call first to check ouvert, they may speak english. else
"On voodray rezervay poor deux personne, sil voo play, lerndi dayjernay a trezz heures" should do it for a 1pm lunch on thursday. Use an easy "name" for frenchies such as "jean-michel" and not "ian". Also it's euros, so whatever.

green things - i mean hull/upholstery. There's no algae on med boats - too hot/dry. Consider leaving it there praps? I would/did.

G

KAD 42

Just beware about the KAD 42's get them properly surveyed before you do anything as they aren't the best motors in the world, a cheap boat it may not turn out to be!, ask Piers du pre about his latest piece of paper from SAL marine.

Paul js.

coliholic

Visit site
Talking of Freudian Slips......

......reminds me of a couple of inadvertant jokes made by sporting commentators.

Pat Glenn, Weightlifting Commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.... I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing."

Ted Walsh, Horse Racing Commentator: "This is really a lovely horse, I once rode her mother."

Murray Walker, Auto Race Announcer: "The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it which is identical."

Greg Norman, Golfer: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

Alan Minter: "Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing, but none of them serious."

Terry Venables: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again"

Ron Atkinson: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition don't like it, you can see it all over their faces."

Harry Carpenter, BBC TV Boat Race 1977: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the Cambridge president is kissing the cox of the Oxford crew."

Metro Radio: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

David Coleman, at the Montreal Olympics: "There goes Juantorena down the back straight, opening his legs and showing his class."

US TV Commentator, "One of the reasons Arnold Palmer is playing so well is that, before each tee-shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?"