Ocean 71 Window Removal?!

DeanMarine

Visit site
I am currently doing a fair bit of touching up and internal repair work on an Ocean 71. I am a little stumped on the wooden window surrounds in the saloon, a lot of the paint work is flaky or blistered, which is easy enough to sort in the open! However, The blinds have been removed and there is a lot of old flaky paintwork in and around the window gullies. Which is very difficult to get to, especially at the front where the windows slope forward. If I were to remove the front windows I'd have a far easier access from the deck to prep and paint the insides. So my question really is, how difficult would it be to remove the windows and would a sika flex be good enough to re-seal them once they go back in?! (The windows are Gebo Stalite, 2-part screw in frame) thanks for any advice in advance.

Adrianlane

Visit site
Dean. If you are still around on this forum then I would love to know how you got on with this. I have a boat with 1970s Gebo Stalite windows that now leak and I am considering getting them refurbished by the manufacturer, but if there is a job I can do myself then I would prefer to do it

Other threads that may be of interest